IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's here
Build quality is of course impeccable, as we've come to expect from top-tier flagship phones. The blue glass back is just delightful, but I never see it because I've got a UAG Monarch case on it (I wholeheartedly recommend UAG cases if they make one that fits your phone) and all the buttons are very satisfying and tactile.

Features: it basically has everything you could ever cram into a phone in 2018. Dual sim! Stylus with built-in bluetooth remote and 4000 pressure levels! Removable storage! 8GB RAM! (eight fucking gigabytes of RAM!) Stereo speakers! 1440p and a bit display! Eight-core CPU (eight fucking cores! in a phone!) 512GB storage! Face recognition! Iris recognition! Fingerprint scanner! Blood oxygen scanner! no notch! (NO NOTCH :D :D :D) headphone jack! fancy bluetooth! (2 devices at the same time e.g. two sets of headphones etc.) USB-C! DeX (turn your phone into a sorta PC) that only needs an HDMI cable! waterproofing! Secure Folder thing which is much more than just a secure folder! 4000mAh battery! Wireless charging! Fast charging! Fast wireless charging!

And probably lots of other things too.

It's huge, yes. But my previous post covered off the size issue.

The display is simply magnificent, and that's not just my opinion. "Galaxy Note9 matches or sets many new Smartphone Display Performance Records, earning DisplayMate’s highest ever A+ grade." http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_Note9_ShootOut_44N9.htm

The internal speakers are loud and as pleasing as one can expect from a phone, which is to say that at moderate volume in a quiet room, you could use this as a speakerphone without wanting to claw your ears off. For music playback it's quite a bit better than nothing at all. However, my sample track was "Sarcastic Existence" by Brazilian thrash metal quartet Sepultura. If you're a jazz-loving deviant, you may have a different experience.

Surprisingly for such a large phone, it's easy to handle. Sure, it's a two-hander, but then most phones are these days. Of course, if you're cursed, like el Presidente, with what we scientists call "Trumphanderism", then it'll feel huge and you will just have to feel inadequate when you're on the train and a tiny Korean girl* hoiks one out of her handbag and, with her tiny Korean hands, expertly uses the phone you just whined about for being too big for your manly American hands to use.

There's a bunch of useful stuff in the box. You get a fast charger and a USB-C cable, along with a USB OTG adapter (yes, you can plug a keyboard and/or a mouse in this way, and it works - you get a pointer!) and a USB-microB to USB-C converter. There's also a set of very pleasing AKG headphones which have a nice tone and good (but not too much) bass. There's also a metal clip thing, the purpose of which I have yet to determine. Perhaps it's a headphone cable storage thing. Perhaps it's a tie clip. Or a money clip. Or an ammo clip. Who knows?
* other genders and nationalities of people with small hands are available
New The clip
Probably to clip the headphone cord to your shirt so it doesn't hang from your ears so much.
--

Drew
New Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
New I was going to ask if your hands were big enough! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New can you make phonecalls with it? :-)
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Probably needs an app from the app store. :-)
New Built in telemarketer and junk call detection, biotches.
And it works, too!
     New phone incoming - (pwhysall) - (8)
         It's here - (pwhysall) - (7)
             The clip - (drook) - (2)
                 Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Correction - (drook)
             I was going to ask if your hands were big enough! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             can you make phonecalls with it? :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Probably needs an app from the app store. :-) -NT - (static) - (1)
                     Built in telemarketer and junk call detection, biotches. - (pwhysall)

Over 9000!
86 ms