IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New winding up
At the conclusion of the Summer of Pynchon—nine books in nine weeks—I am disposed to assign Gravity’s Rainbow, most of the last 450 pages of which I took in from a folding chair lap-deep in the American River an hour downstream from Lake Tahoe—pride of place. This is not to disparage the other novels: that would be like slamming Sir Edmund Hillary: “Yeah, he climbed Mount Everest. So how come he never scaled a higher peak, huh?”

Gravity’s Rainbow was, just, the Fucking. Greatest. Novel. I’ve. Ever. Reread. Period. Caps. Italic. Bold. Neon. Et cetera. I vaguely understood that forty years ago; am reinforced in the impression now.

You lot, you need to acquire a copy. You need to gear yourselves down and read it. Reach the end, and I fucking guarantee it that you will regard it as a life-changing experience, if you are the kind of human being who is capable of having his life changed by a novel. I was.

cordially,
New Thanks for this.
I've not read a novel in ages and need to get back into the habit. I'll but this at the top of my list.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Revisiting Thomas Pynchon - (rcareaga) - (12)
         “Mason & Dixon” - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Thou sayest: that is the most pellucid example of run-on-Sentences seen - (Ashton) - (2)
                 and another passage - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Jeez.. verbatim That should be the preface on every decent Congresscritter's spiel re a re-up in Nov -NT - (Ashton)
         Further to Pynchon: “Against the Day” - (rcareaga)
         From “Gravity’s Rainbow” - (rcareaga) - (4)
             I'd love to see such a place -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 But you can read it. -NT - (rcareaga)
                 no prob watch duck dynasty - (boxley)
             HEH.. cubed: - (Ashton)
         winding up - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Thanks for this. - (Another Scott)

Ashes to Ashton, dust to debris.
74 ms