IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brazil Museum fire.. International loss, not unlike Library of Alexandria
(only ..sans the flaying of the divine Hypatia ... by mobs of pre-Trumpists.)

Much of n-researchers' Life-work seems to have been lost; regular/future plans for 'mining' there. It was a huge structure, "20 million?" specimens.
unclear yet about % lost ... this via npr's report today

Sic transit gloria Bibliotec :-/

At least here: a model of the UCRL 340 MeV electron synchrotron remains at Smithsonian (when I visited, it had already been remanded to 'storage'); interesting debriefing there by a researcher. I got to go Upstairs to see the cubbyholes where various minions did their delving, cataloguing and other academic ponderings.

Portent of Things to Come.
Carrion
*Oreos are Forever at the former-USSC; next to be, perhaps the Last USSC (a one must wonder.)

* like Twinkies?

Ed: ∆ stats
Collapse Edited by Ashton Sept. 3, 2018, 05:48:16 PM EDT
Brazil Museum fire.. International loss, not unlike Library of ALexandria

Much of n-researchers' Life-work seems to have been lost; regular/future plans for 'mining' there. It was a huge structure, believe I heard "250 million?" specimens there/unclear yet about % lost ... this via npr's report today

At least here: a model of the UCRL 340 MeV electron synchrotron remains at Smithsonian (when I visited, it had already been remanded to 'storage'); interesting debriefing there by a researcher. I got to go Upstairs to see the cubbyholes where various minions did their delving, cataloguing and other academic ponderings.
Pity the timing though: within days of Clarence Thomas -vs- the public flaying of Anita Hill by a cabal of 100% aged white males with a Souf-ish mindset. Saw the proceedings--a few miles away--in a motel that night on Nightline (remember that?)

Carrion
*Oreos are Forever at the former-USSC; next to be, perhaps the Last USSC (a one must wonder.)

* like Twinkies?
Collapse Edited by Ashton Sept. 15, 2018, 06:16:58 PM EDT
Brazil Museum fire.. International loss, not unlike Library of ALexandria

Much of n-researchers' Life-work seems to have been lost; regular/future plans for 'mining' there. It was a huge structure, "20 million?" specimens.
unclear yet about % lost ... this via npr's report today

Carrion

* like Twinkies?

Ed: ∆ stats
     Brazil Museum fire.. International loss, not unlike Library of Alexandria - (Ashton)

Ooh, Peter found the asterisk, color me chastised.
29 ms