IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Should be a cautionary tale for the media ... but won't be
I used to think I disagreed with him on a lot of policy issues, but respected his personal integrity. Then during his campaign I read pieces like this one and realized, "Holy shit, this guy is not who they've portrayed him as."

Now the best thing they can say about him is that one time he told someone an obvious truth about an opponent.

Ok, and uninviting the Donald from his funeral is pretty baller.
--

Drew
New As I explained to M
Who really liked him due to his military stance (sorry MM, my M would be a war criminal if she had a chance):

He's a scumbag, but he is far less of a scumbag (at least from outward view) than the group he hangs with, so he seems like a good guy. Bottom line is no matter what he says, he rarely voted in a way I'd consider good. The exception was tanking trump on healthcare.
New And that vote was a flip-flop.
Emphasis Mine.
Healthcare

Senator McCain believes that the American people should have access to affordable healthcare insurance. But, he strongly disagrees that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is the best solution. Senator McCain will continue to work with his colleagues in Congress to repeal and replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act for a more financially responsible option that will meet the American public’s continuing need for quality health care at an affordable cost.

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/healthcare
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Probably can't overstate just how much it mattered ...
... when Captain Bone Spurs said, "I like people who weren't captured."

I hate that major legislative victories turn on personal vendettas, but I'll take this one.
--

Drew
New I think it would be surprising how many times that's true.
My late dad and I used have this argument about Lenin's motivation. He always said I was "overestimating the personal" with respect to the Bolshevik Revolution and horrific murders of the last of the Romanovs. But I've always held that had Illych not seen the royal family execute his brother at the tender age of 16 he might not have been the revolutionary he became. His family, after all, was not of the peasant class. I've never read this but the brief intro makes it sound as though it is along the lines of what I have always believed.

Not many people know that Lenin was baptized as a child. One of the more telling things, imo, about his motivation was his answer to the question, "When did you stop believing in God?" He said, "At age 16." Not coincidentally, his age when he witnessed his brother's execution.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Erik Loomis at LGM on John McCain. - (Another Scott) - (14)
         7 -NT - (boxley) - (5)
             More words, please. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 7 houses, not 10 -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     10 - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         6 acres of vacant land on opposite bank of Oak Creek is not a house - (boxley) - (1)
                             11 - 1 (land) = 10. The fact that they rented 2 doesn't change the fact that they owned them. - (Another Scott)
         Should be a cautionary tale for the media ... but won't be - (drook) - (4)
             As I explained to M - (crazy) - (3)
                 And that vote was a flip-flop. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Probably can't overstate just how much it mattered ... - (drook) - (1)
                         I think it would be surprising how many times that's true. - (mmoffitt)
         Thanks. Saw this after I replied to your post in News. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             And I saw *this* after I replied to your reply -NT - (drook)
         alicublog weighs in - (rcareaga)

I think coming back from the summit was the rather more important achievement.
69 ms