IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More al punte pithiness scanned:

pcn8229 August 22 · 01:23:06 AM

Oh, Karma, don’t stop biting! I LOVE the smell of schadenfreude in the morning. It smells like “impeachment”! Now, the question remains: Will the House majority act as they should, given what happened today? We shall see. I know the Democratic minority will vote unanimously to send the Orange Menace to trial in the Senate. Will the GOP continue down the hypocritical path they’ve laid for the last 45 years, or will we see a last spasm of patriotism from their spineless mass?

(OK that last is from this sorta source):

Tbogg’s Epistle to the Purity Ponies from ten years ago:

Every year in Happy Gumdrop Fairy-Tale Land all of the sprites and elves and woodland creatures gather together to pick the Rainbow Sunshine Queen. Everyone is there: the Lollipop Guild, the Star-Twinkle Toddlers, the Sparkly Unicorns, the Cookie Baking Apple-cheeked Grandmothers, the Fluffy Bunny Bund, the Rumbly-Tumbly Pupperoos, the Snowflake Princesses, the Baby Duckies All-In-A-Row, the Laughing Babies, and the Dykes on Bikes. They have a big picnic with cupcakes and gumdrops and pudding pops, stopping only to cast their votes by throwing Magic Wishing Rocks into the Well of Laughter, Comity, and Good Intentions. Afterward they spend the rest of the night dancing and singing and waving glow sticks until dawn when they tumble sleepy-eyed into beds made of the purest and whitest goose down where they dream of angels and clouds of spun sugar.

You don’t live there.

Alas..
New The majority won't act until
the calculus of damage he's doing vs. the voters who still support him changes.

This could happen after the midterms, particularly if the Democrats take Congress and the Republicans can blame them for getting rid of Trump, with safe seats voting for the removal as well.

But once that calculus does change, we'll know because Fox will suddenly start pushing the view that, regrettably, Trump is a crook and has to go.

Of course, the Republican leadership may never decide that it has changed enough. One hopes their cynicism is enough to get them there eventually, though. If they can come up with a convincing narrative for why Drumpf has to go, I think we'll see President Pence (and there's a whole other problem).

I think we might be better off letting him stay in there with a Congress that blocks his stupidity as much as possible, and then boot him in 2020 without the danger of Pence for 4 years.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New So true, and doesn't that just suck
--

Drew
New There's an inexorable Time-line though.. Tick Tock Tick ...
If it takes a couple YEARS: we are that much behind the GWD/Global Warming Doom.
We just may not have the TIME to await the snail-pace growth of national 'intellect' (on which I Sell Short.)
     This is getting pretty damned funny! - (mmoffitt) - (11)
         So few words, so much wrong -NT - (drook) - (3)
             Speaking of "NPD" / Narcissistic Personality Disorder (But worse is ASPD..) - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Aside from all the narcissism, I'm stuck on this - (drook) - (1)
                     Please eschew Logic re DJT (esp. To him) because ... well, nobody Knoze That Enigma-machine code. - (Ashton)
         I saw that clip! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         More al punte pithiness scanned: - (Ashton) - (3)
             The majority won't act until - (malraux) - (2)
                 So true, and doesn't that just suck -NT - (drook)
                 There's an inexorable Time-line though.. Tick Tock Tick ... - (Ashton)
         And the Chinese agricultural tariffs are hurting farmers - (lincoln) - (1)
             not yet, they made a shitton of money from pretarrif buys -NT - (boxley)

I thought it was Run Away From the Dots.
65 ms