IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Clean Coal" must not be so clean after all.
Else why do this?

(CNN) As his Environmental Protection Agency delivers its latest blow to environmental regulations aimed at reducing carbon emissions, President Donald Trump is heading into the heart of coal country to deliver the good news.

Trump will join supporters in Charleston, West Virginia, for a political rally on Tuesday to celebrate his administration's proposal to allow states to set their own emissions standards for coal-fueled power plants.

The move would reverse Obama administration efforts to combat climate change and marks the fulfilment of a campaign promise at the heart of his appeal in coal-producing states like West Virginia.

The EPA Tuesday morning formally unveiled the details of its new plan to devolve regulation of coal-fired power plants back to the states, one that is expected to give a boost to the coal industry and increase carbon emissions nationwide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/epa-climate-power-plants-trump-west-virginia/index.html
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New "It will not stand," he said. "Truth and common sense will triumph over Trump's insanity."
saith otherwise cogent Gov. Jerry Brown/no relation. Alas--by now--we see that
.."Everything we know is wrong" (-ish? ..as the cop-out phrase.)

Whaddaya Do next??? when you have a vengeful toddler, so humiliated by BHO at that (Gathering Designed to Parody Everyone, as in Duh) that he will happily advance the destruction of all mammals. Because of some neon-lights sketched-in atop The White House .... once.

(I can only put my Trust in Cthulhu, as clearly your regular-homo-saps have utterly fucking- Lost. It.)
New But, 1400 premature US deaths a year is a small price to pay to keep a promise.
NY Times:
The administration’s own analysis, however, revealed on Tuesday that the new rules could also lead to as many as 1,400 premature deaths annually by 2030 from an increase in the extremely fine particulate matter that is linked to heart and lung disease, up to 15,000 new cases of upper respiratory problems, a rise in bronchitis, and tens of thousands of missed school days.
Osama bin Laden would be proud.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     "Clean Coal" must not be so clean after all. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         "It will not stand," he said. "Truth and common sense will triumph over Trump's insanity." - (Ashton)
         But, 1400 premature US deaths a year is a small price to pay to keep a promise. - (a6l6e6x)

The haddock hits me with a sucker punch. I catch him with a left hook. He eels over. It was a fluke, but there he was, lying on the deck... flat as a mackerel. Kelpless.
30 ms