IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Attended the 4th Annual California Hot Sauce Expo.
About 36 booths selling chili sauces, most from California, but a few from as far away as New York - each displaying 4 to 40 varieties.

I had the deluxe ticket, so I got a free bottle of one of the show sponsor's sauces. I also got a free tasting of a lot of beers, whiskeys and the like, a bbq plate, a T shirt and tote bag.

I came back with 6 bottles of sauces and one jar of chili jelly. Probably tasted more than 30. The free bottle isn't particularly hot, but it is tasty: Georgia Peach and Vidalia Onion Sauce.

The Ghost Peppers (Naga Jalokia) are still much in evidence, but the Carolina Reaper is definitely taking over the hot end (twice as hot).
New First time I saw a collection of hot sauces to sample ...
It was the jerky aisle at an outdoor expo. (Camping and hunting, etc.) One booth had cups of sauces on the table with toothpicks at the end. I asked what I was supposed to poke with the toothpicks and they said, "Just stick it right in the sauce and touch the tip to your tongue."

Sure, I thought, just touch the tip.

I swear it felt like I was touching a welding rod to my tongue, and it didn't stop when I yanked it back. They were not kidding around. And this predates both the reaper and the ghost. I can't imagine what they're making now.
--

Drew
New Most of the sauces offered here . . .
. . were pretty tame - at least for me, but I have paid my dues to the Chili Gods - YMMV.
     Attended the 4th Annual California Hot Sauce Expo. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         First time I saw a collection of hot sauces to sample ... - (drook) - (1)
             Most of the sauces offered here . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Then when the mother turned back around I stuck my tongue out at the kid again.
152 ms