IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New spacewalk is horked as the db(mongo) does not do fips unless you pay money
looking at a few tools that use django as a wrapper. Any one have any thoughts about the django python framework?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New nevermind
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New We use a lot of Django and like it, doesn't help with the FIPS issue though :-/
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Works fine as long as you stay within the constraints of the framework
If the tools you're looking at are 3rd party and known to work, you'll likely be fine. However, if you need to roll your own, as with any framework, things can get painful rather quickly if you step outside the vision behind Django.

Most notable (for me):
* no support for composite primary keys on relational databases. That bites if you need to shovel in outside data on a regular basis.
* formset limitations make sparse data entry a PITA unless you dump a ton of extra clicks on the end users.
New Most of our UIs are now entirely bespoke via React
And we use the framework mainly for the ORM, API endpoints via DRF, simple admin UIs, and Celery tasks.

The ORM is, apart from composite keys (sucks if you have external data to import, moot if you don't), very good IMO. The database migration functionality alone is worth it.

We also use the multi-site support.

I agree that adding things on can be a pain if you have to deal with the internals of the ORM or views, though. Some of that code is pretty nasty, although improved in the later versions.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     spacewalk is horked as the db(mongo) does not do fips unless you pay money - (boxley) - (4)
         nevermind - (boxley) - (1)
             We use a lot of Django and like it, doesn't help with the FIPS issue though :-/ -NT - (malraux)
         Works fine as long as you stay within the constraints of the framework - (scoenye) - (1)
             Most of our UIs are now entirely bespoke via React - (malraux)

I think someone is doing some projecting here.
104 ms