IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reagan's election was the raindrop that caused the flood.
We've had unbroken Republican rule since that sickening day in November, 1980. You can claim that Clinton and Obama were "better" than Reagan, Bush, Bush and Trump, but you cannot argue that they didn't all implement Republican policies.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Yeah, PPACA and Lilly Ledbetter and Clean Power and 54.5 MPG and all the rest are GOP Policies.
Words have meaning even when they're inconvenient to your argument...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Don't forget ending welfare as we know it
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I said incrementally better.
You cited a Republican policy! The PPACA was Romney's healthcare plan. We also got termination of Glass Stegall, Presidentially ordered assassinations (Americans, too!), NAFTA, Riegel-Neal, Bank and hedge fund bailouts galore, telecom deregulation and a balanced budget on the back of social programs. You were saying?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Aug. 4, 2018, 07:44:03 AM EDT
New Rmoney signed a Massachusetts Democrats plan.
Wikipedia:

Legislation

In Fall 2005, the House and Senate each passed health care insurance reform bills. The legislature made a number of changes to Governor Romney's original proposal, including expanding MassHealth (Medicaid and SCHIP) coverage to low-income children and restoring funding for public health programs. The most controversial change was the addition of a provision which requires firms with 11 or more workers that do not provide "fair and reasonable" health coverage to their workers to pay an annual penalty. This contribution, initially $295 annually per worker, is intended to equalize the free care pool charges imposed on employers who do and do not cover their workers.

On April 12, 2006, Governor Romney signed the health legislation.[21] He vetoed eight sections of the health care legislation, including the controversial employer assessment.[22] He vetoed provisions providing dental benefits to poor residents on the Medicaid program, and providing health coverage to senior and disabled legal immigrants not eligible for federal Medicaid.[23] The legislature promptly overrode six of the eight gubernatorial section vetoes, on May 4, 2006, and by mid-June 2006 had overridden the remaining two.[24]

I was saying that words have meaning. They do.

Rmoney signed the bill because it would have passed anyway over his veto (as the over-riding of his section vetoes indicated). As the article indicates, expiration of various state wavers meant that the state had to pass something and the something they passed was pretty good.

The political parties are not the same. You don't get more progressive policies by beating up on the more progressive party. You don't get more progressive policies by demanding purity.

Pure legislation doesn't pass legislatures. All (significant) legislation is a mass of compromises. Nitpicking and refusing to consider the context of passing something as complex as the PPACA makes you seem like a crank sometimes.

That's just one example.

Stop it. Spend more of your efforts beating up on Trump and (actual) GOP policies. It will do much more to create the future you claim to want...

(sigh)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Rand and Another, help me out with this. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
         "But its enemy is not Russia, it is the gullibility of the American people." - (malraux)
         Comey was the big factor. The evidence is clear. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             I'm poo-pooing neither his intent nor the fact of his efforts. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                 Re: I'm poo-pooing neither his intent nor the fact of his efforts. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     I'm not punching down, I'm punching the idiots responsible for this. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         You think Ocasio-Cortez would have won in Indiana? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             I *know* she'd have had a better chance than Hillary or any other establishment Democrat. - (mmoffitt)
                         There's a big difference between recognizing what caused Hillary's "loss" - (Another Scott)
                 Which raindrop caused the flood? - (drook) - (7)
                     if we were not so intent on interfering in other countries internal affairs and elections - (boxley) - (1)
                         Amen - (dmcarls)
                     Reagan's election was the raindrop that caused the flood. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Yeah, PPACA and Lilly Ledbetter and Clean Power and 54.5 MPG and all the rest are GOP Policies. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Don't forget ending welfare as we know it -NT - (boxley)
                             I said incrementally better. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Rmoney signed a Massachusetts Democrats plan. - (Another Scott)
         Changing 80K specific votes would have changed election results. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

My own limited experience with his work has struck me as being despondent in tone. I get that, but if I wanted to be hopeless and depressed about the state of the world I would just listen to the voices in my head.
208 ms