IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The first thing we do ...
I was chatting with an English friend of mine the other day and we were discussing the Russian "hacking" of our election. As I've posted here, I told him that the Russians had merely used our social media in precisely the manner in which it was designed: to advertise a product/position/person without fear of anyone or anything questioning the truthfulness of the message. Then he asked me why I thought Americans were so vulnerable to such propaganda. In that moment an idea came to me which I may have always subconsciously suspected, but had never articulated clearly. I said, "I think its because of the number of churches we have and the fact that they are regularly attended." He said, "Why is that?" I said, "Because if you can convince yourself, in the absence of any evidence whatsoever that an imaginary invisible friend can cause you to live forever, you can convince yourself of anything."

The first thing we do is not kill all the lawyers, it's burn all the churches.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Can't disagree with that!
Can you handle a double negative? :)

But, I would start with taxing the churches as if it was a business venture, which it is.

And they do have alternative uses as shown here: Where Churches Have Become Temples of Cheese, Fitness and Eroticism.
MONTREAL — For generations, parishioners whispered their sins in the dark wooden confessional booths of Notre-Dame-du-Perpétuel-Secours, an imposing Roman Catholic church in Montreal.

But on a recent day, the edgy Quebec comedian Sugar Sammy was being filmed inside one of the booths, the latest intimate celebrity confessional on the talk show “Y’a du monde à messe,” or “The Church Is Packed.”

“I made a sex tape in order to be famous, because I thought it was the path to glory,” Sammy said with mock seriousness, as the camera zoomed in on his face, seen from behind a grill. “It didn’t work because no one watched it,” he continued. “I was the only person on the tape.”

The once-hallowed space, now illuminated with a giant pink chandelier, has been reinvented as the Théâtre Paradoxe at a cost of nearly $3 million in renovations. It is now host to, among other events, Led Zeppelin cover bands, Zumba lessons and fetish parties, as well as the talk show that Sammy appeared on.

And it is one of dozens of churches across Quebec that have been transformed — into university reading rooms, luxury condominiums, cheese emporiums and upmarket fitness centers.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Nor I with that. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Signs of the pre-Apocalypse - (Ashton) - (6)
         freakin wierd on the ok hand signal first I have heard of the issue -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             PS: weerd be one o' those back-assards Exceptions to i-before-e Rulez, aka - (Ashton)
             Good example of culture jamming - (drook)
         The first thing we do ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Can't disagree with that! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Nor I with that. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Never date a Psych major.
38 ms