1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New here ya go
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New You use the term differently than I do
Knock a box over is to cause a panic.
I know strace will dramatically slow the app I am tracing, but it is already aborting and I need to find out why. If it is due to a non timing related issue, then it doesn't matter. If, in a worse case scenario, it causes the target to lock hard, be unable to be run again while the previous instance is locked which means you need to reboot, that would come close, but that is different from an unanticipated panic.
New yes, did not mean cause a panic and a kernel crash but making a system unresponsive to traffic
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     yum issues rhel 7 - (boxley) - (11)
         One idea - (drook) - (1)
             so you want to come over and spend a few days resolving dependancies? :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Wireshark/tcpdump? - (scoenye) - (7)
             its not on the network side, monday I will try strace and see what it thinks its doing -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                 That was my response. - (crazy) - (5)
                     caveate, not on a prod box during prod time, strace can knock a box over - (boxley) - (4)
                         Actually, I didn't - (crazy) - (3)
                             here ya go - (boxley) - (2)
                                 You use the term differently than I do - (crazy) - (1)
                                     yes, did not mean cause a panic and a kernel crash but making a system unresponsive to traffic -NT - (boxley)
         fixed but hpfm - (boxley)

A colonoscopy, while eerily similar, is probably better than politics.
59 ms