IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Need a bootable usb linux
I have a bunch of dead equipment including an hp stream notebook. I have no ability to download and copy to usb to start rebuilding.

Preferably Ubuntu LTS 64 bit.

Anyone wanna send me one? Happy to pay costs for stick, mailing, etc. If a local Denver person is reading this, happy to come over and pick it up.
New Will your local library let you download it? Might be faster.
New Our library used to disable USB to prevent malware
--

Drew
New fastest way see if there is a local lug (linux user group) the uni would be a good place to find one
slowest way is email me at williamoxley at netscape period net can scrounge something up if need be
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Just joined via meetup
Will be drinking with them on the 2nd.
New Getting there
Booted the virus infected win10 laptop I plan on wiping. It has internet access but no space.

Booted my old core duo with old ubuntu cd. It has 2 disks in it but refused to boot and the 2nd disk is not being found. Can see and access many critical files, so looking hopeful. Backups? They got gone from the fire. No net access from box.

Steps:
Buy 3 usb sticks.

Download iso directly to usb as a regular file.

Place iso file stick and a 2nd stick on cd booted linux box.

Do whatever dd magic (hints?) is required to prep a bootable stick with iso image.

Copy everything I want to keep to the remaining sticks. M will be very happy, it will include our wedding video.

Boot win10 laptop with usb. Copy as well the keeps, maybe 20M of doc files.

Nuke and pave the win laptop with ubuntu which will be my primary.

Miss anything?
     Need a bootable usb linux - (crazy) - (6)
         Will your local library let you download it? Might be faster. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Our library used to disable USB to prevent malware -NT - (drook)
         fastest way see if there is a local lug (linux user group) the uni would be a good place to find one - (boxley) - (1)
             Just joined via meetup - (crazy)
         Getting there - (crazy) - (1)
             RedHat - making bootable USB from ISO - (Another Scott)

Don’t look at me in that tone of voice!
62 ms