IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Elon Musk: major GOP PAC contributor? ... yes & no == sloppy 'reporting'.
Per Daily Beast.

Just another lying billionaire sayin all the right stuff re the Planet or.. ratfucking??
Snopes gots nothing..

Never mind; it'a more sloppy opinioneering out there.
There's subtlety involved, so.. brains. {sheesh}
Expand Edited by Ashton July 15, 2018, 01:14:13 AM EDT
New And the purity ponies are out and proud in the comments
--

Drew
New Amazing link from there
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/5/29/1767826/-The-War-on-Tesla-Musk-and-the-Fight-for-the-Future

Lots of people disagreeing, but after reading all the comments not a single legitimate issue.
--

Drew
New just-Wow!.. best "investigative reporting" seen in donkeys' years. Good Catch.
Mea culpa for missing that link; ('TMI' takes its toll on us all.)
Pity that this sane, bloody-well 'Balanced-enough' chronicle ..prolly won't be found/seen by the hacks who most need to be graded, F-for pissant-eFForts, via sheer mental laziness.

Elon may be no Saint.. but who amongst us can claim such either ('cept moi, of course.)
From what I've 'adsorbed' from other Elon-related material to date, it's clear that he IS fucking-clearly no anti-science Troglodyte nor guilty of the mob-babble examples described. Muricans are such LAZY-minded blowhards, quite too often. So glad I'm 99.44%-above such mindsets (and humble too.)

Remembered from ~toddler-hood radio ads: slogans from Pleistocene Era:

Ivory Soap™ Ninety nine and 44 one-hundredths-percent pure; It FLOATS! (pic of a bar in visual ads ..er, floating.)
Yup We've Come a Long Way, Baby: why, Today.. ...
New And then...
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44846945
In now-deleted tweets, Mr Musk had called Vern Unsworth a "pedo guy" after the cave expert ridiculed a mini-submarine built by the Tesla CEO for the rescue effort as a "PR stunt".

Maybe things like this thread's topic are wearing him down, but this does seem criticism of any of his grands schemes these days is drawing the full load.
New Well that's not good
I know I'm struggling with confirmation bias here, because I saw that one tweet where the female scientist said the space car was Elon waving his dick around and was ready to dismiss her. But that's just about everything I've seen of her history. I've seen lots of stuff from Elon, including multiple hit pieces, and haven't seen anything remotely like this pedo tweet.

I could easily see SNL Weekend Update talking about a British expat in Thailand with a deep concern for these young boys and how they would play that for laughs. But in this context, and then deleting it when you're called out on it, is not good.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook July 16, 2018, 09:43:05 AM EDT
New the only thing I have against EV (tesla is just one of them)
is while fossil fuels are hyped, it takes a fossil fuels to build them and coal as a fossil fuel to run them. That is glossed over by the pro EV types. As far as tesla as a product they are churning out a good number of vehicles on a semi regular basis so they are not hype. Probably easier to get one of those than a new bugatti or rolls.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New The only way we're going to beat the corruption of oil money, etc.
Is to out-spend them and bribe the pols back.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Well.. Second-amendment loonies would do it quicker. But we're above all that ..so far.
Expand Edited by Ashton July 15, 2018, 06:32:50 PM EDT
     Elon Musk: major GOP PAC contributor? ... yes & no == sloppy 'reporting'. - (Ashton) - (8)
         And the purity ponies are out and proud in the comments -NT - (drook)
         Amazing link from there - (drook) - (4)
             just-Wow!.. best "investigative reporting" seen in donkeys' years. Good Catch. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 And then... - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Well that's not good - (drook)
             the only thing I have against EV (tesla is just one of them) - (boxley)
         The only way we're going to beat the corruption of oil money, etc. - (malraux) - (1)
             Well.. Second-amendment loonies would do it quicker. But we're above all that ..so far. -NT - (Ashton)

And then I went into computers...
79 ms