IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Are you sure there was nothing wrong with your ears?
https://positive-feedback.com/Issue43/green_pen.htm
The first thing I did was play one of my favorite SACDs: Virgil Thomson's The River and The Plow That Broke the Plains - Leopold Stokowski conducting The Symphony of the Air. Then I removed the SACD, treated it with CD Stoplight and waited the required 5 minutes for the ink to dry and put it back in the player. Right away I noticed a considerable increase in volume! Once I lowered the volume to a level comparable to the before treatment level I also noticed the bass was warmer, the performing space was "airier", the outline of the instruments seemed more defined and the dynamic attacks were sharper. It appears to smooth out the sound, increase ambiance and make percussive attacks more exciting. All this from a green ink ring around the outside of the disc, amazing!
New What is an "airier" performing space? What is a "performing space"? Why is "airier" good?
--

Drew
New No clue. But then I buy the $5 cables (and I never got one of those green pens either) :-/
New A problem with reviews, is so many are fake . . .
. . paid for by the vendor, or are by idiots who don't know what they're talking about.
New Hmmm.. audio, politics ..in bed together now. Incest!
New Don't know, or don't care?
When someone says USB cables "reduce glare", what does he think he means? If it's somebody in marketing making shit up I can at least understand it. But how deluded do you need to be to think that means something?
--

Drew
New Well, whole subcultures are based on delusion . . .
. . you have to BELIEVE!
New I happen to know my ears are quite good.
Which is why I love my EarStudio for mobile audio and my Vifa speakers for the lounge room.

But I digress. The test was by an electronics magazine who bought a CD Pen as the vendor wouldn't give them one to review. So they did the review without any interference from the vendor. :-)

Wade.
     Wonderful audiphile woo - (drook) - (23)
         And that's not counting the iPhone X to plug them in to - (scoenye) - (21)
             ..a $K+ fer the fone; $K+ fer earphones.. pretty soon adds up to Real Money (unless you began daft?) - (Ashton) - (20)
                 Audiophiles are a distinct species by now - (scoenye) - (19)
                     Are you absolutely sure that's not satire? - (drook) - (18)
                         You know too much. That makes satire a possibility. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Hmmmm. . . I wonder how . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         No.. precisely akin to every Lie-repeated by Drumpf-->All-your Bases-suck - (Ashton)
                         I think I'll go with O'Brien's BS Repellent... -NT - (scoenye)
                         I am reminded of those green CD pens. - (static) - (9)
                             Are you sure there was nothing wrong with your ears? - (scoenye) - (7)
                                 What is an "airier" performing space? What is a "performing space"? Why is "airier" good? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                     No clue. But then I buy the $5 cables (and I never got one of those green pens either) :-/ -NT - (scoenye)
                                 A problem with reviews, is so many are fake . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     Hmmm.. audio, politics ..in bed together now. Incest! -NT - (Ashton)
                                     Don't know, or don't care? - (drook) - (1)
                                         Well, whole subcultures are based on delusion . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 I happen to know my ears are quite good. - (static)
                             fekkin noise - (boxley)
                         Maxwell worked out all this stuff years and years ago. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             The clear, bright line for me - (drook) - (2)
                                 ^This^ is a sufficiency. - (Ashton)
                                 Almost. - (static)
         And they *still* won't be as good as my £100 Sony MDR-7506s -NT - (pwhysall)

I'm into you like an undersized thong.
57 ms