IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The new contractor is better
He's doing a much better job repairing all of the shitty work the original crew did, along with doing lots of other things that still need to be done.

Of course, we're happy now because he has finished working at the neighbor's house and can focus on our place exclusively. He was over there for 3 weeks while his only other worker (his son) was doing chores in our house. Both f them have been here for the past 10 days and has been saying he'll has us done in "a week and half". Well, that time frame has come and gone, and he'll still need at least another 10 days to complete what we put into the contract. Hell, when we originally hired him he said it would take no more than 3 weeks, and that was 2 months ago.

Sadly, he keeps playing the game where he hands me a receipt for materials and says I owe him reimbursement. So far I've managed to keep my temper but each time I have to pull out the signed copy of our contract and point to the section that says materials are paid for by him and are included in the agreed upon amount that we will pay him for the job. He always seems to "forget" that section and he never apologizes when caught trying to nickel and dime me.

Bah.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Sad that that's "better"
--

Drew
     Well, we're back in the house - (lincoln) - (9)
         :-( Hang in there. Keep fighting to make things better. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Seems a double-whammy when incompetence meets ennui - (Ashton)
         Welcome home! - (a6l6e6x)
         The new contractor is better - (lincoln) - (1)
             Sad that that's "better" -NT - (drook)
         Re: Well, we're back in the house - (lincoln) - (3)
             Wander the various goodwill and others - (crazy) - (2)
                 Re: Wander the various goodwill and others - (lincoln) - (1)
                     A bit of reading shows an interesting system - (crazy)

All you need is the GRR Memorial Secret Decoder Ring, and the translation is easy!
61 ms