IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not surprising.
Horrible, but not the least bit surprising. McConnell put Gorsuch on the SCOTUS to do exactly that.

That's yet another example of why the GOP must never be able to appoint anyone to SCOTUS again, and that is yet another example why no matter how horrible the Democrat is, voting for anyone other than the Democrat for President is simply enabling these horrible rulings.

Of course, this may not hold until the end of time. But until the GOP is destroyed and rebuilt, sensible people should never vote for anyone other than the Democrat in the general election.

133 days to go. Eyes on the prize...

Cheers,
Scott.
New I have, with profound regret, come around to your way of thinking on that.
When I thought Drumpf might be a good thing, it was my sense that his election would make apparent to even to the most myopic of minds that our system was so overburdened by the influence of the monied class that an actual revolution was in order (bloodless or no). It simply could not be, I thought, that these hideous right wing policies would be tolerated by the American people. Surely, they would rebel.

I no longer have that amount of faith in the Murican Peeple. We are, without doubt, the very worst humans to ever trod around on this ball. Most Muricans are fearful, entitled, racist idiots who are completely irredeemable. I really didn't want to believe that. I had hoped that my spending the last thirty years in the flyover region of Murica had jaded my view of my countrymen. But, with Trump's approval rating of 90% among Republicans, concluding anything other than at least half of all Muricans should be gassed is utterly impossible. Wall Street indentured Democrats are *the best we can do*. Which, in and of itself is enough to condemn us all.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New You should try reading Mencken
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

It's a paraphrase, but captures the essence pretty clearly.
--

Drew
New (Sure the long-form is pithier but KISS is the weapon of choice, eh?)
New Added to list (when I can add a few for free shipping)
After all, he's starting right at my Inflection-point, [beyond which the Slope of the soon-to-be dis-US went [-] with little variance since.]
Mid-1968/the police riot in Chicago, the assassinations etc. ie "He must be pretty bright", then.
Oblig: ;^>
New Yes...and even if this litmus proves successful.. ...
(as you also observe)

"Ours" shall prove a pyrrhic-'Victory', a mere-placeholder/betting-against-All-Odds that:
only maybe..?
some future day, year, decade:
might Muricans actually strive to ..Grow Up.

(Not in moi's lifetime) could such an epiphany reach --> ---> V-1 on that endless Runway ... given so many aborted-take-offs to date.

FIRST: we Eat the Rich, for various colorful er, synonymical--awkward that--word equivalents.
And let us remember the Bolshies' screw-up (at Ekaterinburg was it?) there were so many jewels sewed into the family's clothes that
..it was a horrifying-grade massacree that, as these were effectively bullet-proof vests.
We must be at least humane in the necessary cleansing: Use armor-piercing just-in-case.
     Bigotry prevails at the USSC. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
         Not surprising. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             I have, with profound regret, come around to your way of thinking on that. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 You should try reading Mencken - (drook) - (3)
                     (Sure the long-form is pithier but KISS is the weapon of choice, eh?) -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: You should try reading Mencken - (dmcarls) - (1)
                         Added to list (when I can add a few for free shipping) - (Ashton)
                 Yes...and even if this litmus proves successful.. ... - (Ashton)
         executive branch controls/owns that piece of the body politic - (boxley) - (5)
             Yep, any medium-info voter could not miss his (self-admitted) "street-fighter framing" of Everything - (Ashton)
             Yeah, and adding North Korea and Venezuela to the list clinched it. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 so someone shouting they want to nuke you is not terroristic? :-) - (boxley) - (2)
                     You must have forgotten terrorists are Islamic. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         well yeah, but we have to block the folks from there that dont like him -NT - (boxley)

But he doesn't look quite skeletal enough for both to be true, does he?
60 ms