IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ¡FLASH! ... **NO** Science Advisor along re NUCLEAR TALKS [NYT]
[My Flash: Nuke this Orange Slime/some. how. BEFORE he has the chance to complete Nation-destruction-for-Real]
NYT.

"Marginalize?? this pig-ignorant poltroon is as anti-Science as he is Anti-humans.
It IS Kristallnacht II; only not just the Jews.. ALL are his victims-in-waiting: sullenly, G.O.P.-in silent acquiescence to the Obvious.
"Surgeon begins brain-surgery, equipped only with a butter-knife + Ego."

HOW FUCKING-DUMB *ARE* the ∑bloody sheeple?? We're about to find out what the new--LOW-mark actually is.

WASHINGTON — As President Trump prepares to meet Kim Jong-un of North Korea to negotiate denuclearization, a challenge that has bedeviled the world for years, he is doing so without the help of a White House science adviser or senior counselor trained in nuclear physics.

Mr. Trump is the first president since 1941 not to name a science adviser, a position created during World War II to guide the Oval Office on technical matters ranging from nuclear warfare to global pandemics. As a businessman and president, Mr. Trump has proudly been guided by his instincts. Nevertheless, people who have participated in past nuclear negotiations say the absence of such high-level expertise could put him at a tactical disadvantage in one of the weightiest diplomatic matters of his presidency.
“You need to have an empowered senior science adviser at the table,” said R. Nicholas Burns, who led negotiations with India over a civilian nuclear deal during the George W. Bush administration. “You can be sure the other side will have that.”

The lack of traditional scientific advisory leadership in the White House is one example of a significant change in the Trump administration: the marginalization of science in shaping United States policy.

There is no chief scientist at the State Department, where science is central to foreign policy matters such as cybersecurity and global warming. Nor is there a chief scientist at the Department of Agriculture: Mr. Trump last year nominated Sam Clovis, a former talk-show host with no scientific background, to the position, but he withdrew his name and no new nomination has been made.

These and other decisions have consequences for public health and safety and the economy. Both the Interior Department and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have disbanded climate science advisory committees. The Food and Drug Administration disbanded its Food Advisory Committee, which provided guidance on food safety.

Government-funded scientists said in interviews that they were seeing signs that their work was being suppressed, and that they were leaving their government jobs to work in the private sector, or for other countries.

After Mr. Trump last year withdrew from the Paris climate agreement, the international pact committing nations to tackle global warming, France started a program called “Make Our Planet Great Again” — named in reference to Mr. Trump’s slogan, “Make America Great Again” — to lure the best American scientists to France.

[. . .]
New The Presidency is a reality TV show for Donnie.
He doesn't care about substance, it's all about how he can spin some handshake and walking down a red carpet. That's all that matters to him.

He said today something like, "I'll know within the first minute whether the meeting is going to be a success or not."

:-/

Plus, he lies about everything so we really should ignore his take on anything he opens his mouth about.

I saw that Bolton was lurking on Donnie's right in the remarks he made in Quebec at the G7 today. Supposedly Bolton's not going to the Kim meeting, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a change of plans about that. Bolton wants to do a Libya on the DPRK, Donnie wants his BMOC photo-op but doesn't care about the details. It'll be interesting to see which faction comes out on top.

And, of course, Kim has his role to play and I'm sure his team has been working on moves for just about every possible monkey wrench that Donnie tries to throw in it. It seems almost certain that Kim's stature will increase, and tensions between the US and Japan and the ROK will increase (or they'll ignore us).

The Korean War should have ended decades ago. The longer it festered, the higher the price that would have to be paid. I'm actually glad that the US is talking with the DPRK - 65 years (with a few gaps) of not talking with them hasn't solved the problem - , but of course it's ridiculous the way Trump and his team are going about it.

Cheers,
Scott.
New dont worry about it rodman will be there to advise him
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     ¡FLASH! ... **NO** Science Advisor along re NUCLEAR TALKS [NYT] - (Ashton) - (2)
         The Presidency is a reality TV show for Donnie. - (Another Scott)
         dont worry about it rodman will be there to advise him -NT - (boxley)

Looks like a helluva party to me! Begone evil spirits!!
72 ms