1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Last day on the job
--

Drew
New Heh.. Squared:
When the *Bevatron accelerator was built (early '50s) there was a "connection room" with more oodles-of-wires than you could shake a Sheik at. ALL SAME COLOR er, ~white.
Now these were indeed! carefully wrung-out, Each One before bundling, connecting etc. (cause any other way would have been fatuous.) I could not help but remark, on sight:
*THIS* is where a saboteur would Have a Nice Day (or words similar.)

* aside:
When I opened the clam-shell of 'my' PDP-8 first time, so did I witness the very-same Sameness to (ALL-but a few) of that rats-net of randomly intertwined spaghetti. {{sigh}}
But these were Yellow.
One wire gets shorted somewhere/small 'fire' ... (might''s well shit-can), save parts for spares and get a New one, I wot.)
OK, that was 1964. Progress ---> in 2018: now all the coaxes are GREEN. (stenciled info? I dunno; you'd know.)

Le plus sȃ change.. and a PS:

Have these wiring droids NEVER HEARD OF the means by which any-old RESISTOR in a myriad of same-looking things: can be easily ID'd (incl. "value tolerance" aka precision.) That code also has many cute mnemonic quips to aid memory, like:

Big Boys Race Our Young Girls But Violet Generally Wins ==
Black, Brown, Red ... you get the idea.
WHY then is IT so fucking DIM--given the Too-obvious PROBLEMS of this sort. Retards?
Too young ever to have seen a "resistor" with those pretty color bands and ask, WHY???
(..or just the cupidity of a Make-work... to guarantee future employment, rebuilding?)

{{{Sheesh!}}}

Carrion; that's what a brain looks like ..in decline. On autopsy.
     Last day on the job - (drook) - (1)
         Heh.. Squared: - (Ashton)

Nobody leaves an Asian restaurant with less than eight pounds of to-go boxes.
52 ms