IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So then.. at ~ 2 weeks to the Longest Day of the Year
I note the paucity nay.. near-ABSENCE of anything in the Murican Meeja: on this topic.

Meanwhile I. See. ... ... lots of 1950s-reminiscent Gas-Hogs, their newness reflected via no-plates-yet.
And noo.. Not some guy with small bizness ..who needed a new truck: young'uns+older with even jacked-up bodies signifying ...
Yup: it's yet-another personal-"Rec" toy. But used daily for all else. Mindlessly.

Then today PBS did a spot on BitCoin [er, Massive- would be the right word] Energy Usage and its effects on a small town's OVERALL energy-cost-to-everyone in the town
--that's the way Peak-Power works, a factoid I've had to contend with daily) re the Bevatron-accelerator
([MWatts], even though the power supply, a motor/generator duo sanely saved most of the ∑energy as the field collapsed after each pulse.)

So one had to order that the ex-Mine-sweeper motor/generators coast for a time: as the Lab neared *ITS* Max-power magic number.
Go a tad-over and our $/Kwatt Rate stayed at that new level for a year-ish IIRC. {sigh}

And so it---->Goes.
New I saw that news segment as well.
Recycling the heat in Plattsburgh, NY winter might make sense. But, no so much in the summer.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Well, there's this
>> .." near-ABSENCE of anything in the Murican Meeja: on this topic."

Yep, 2 months later(!), I see this:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/08/01/magazine/climate-change-losing-earth.html
     So then.. at ~ 2 weeks to the Longest Day of the Year - (Ashton) - (2)
         I saw that news segment as well. - (a6l6e6x)
         Well, there's this - (dmcarls)

Only Olaf Stapledon ever succeeded on this kind of scale, and Olaf Stapledon is dead.
62 ms