IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do they write dissents at that level?
Because I'd love to read this one.
--

Drew
New There's at least part of it in that article.
Dissenting board member and Judge Linda Wendtland blasted the court's interpretation, pointing out the relevant statute lists a number of examples of "material support" like offering safe houses, transportation, funds and other tangible furtherance of their mission.

"I cannot conclude that the menial and incidental tasks that the respondent performed -- as a slave -- for Salvadoran guerrillas, including cooking, cleaning, and washing clothes, are of 'the same class' as the enumerated forms of assistance set forth in the statute," Wendtland wrote. "Under the majority's strained interpretation, providing a glass of water to a thirsty individual who happened to belong to a terrorist organization would constitute material support of that organization, because the individual otherwise would have needed to obtain water from another source."

But I did't want to post the whole article, ya lazy ... :0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     There is no bottom to the depth of Murican depravity. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
         Do they write dissents at that level? - (drook) - (1)
             There's at least part of it in that article. - (mmoffitt)
         Fine, let's use this antediluvian 'decision' on Their sorry asses - (Ashton) - (3)
             put the blame where it belongs, on the law makers - (boxley) - (2)
                 The Law is more than the text. - (Another Scott)
                 ..blongs with Eichmann's "I was just following orders." - (Ashton)
         here is the kicker that i didnt get until i read the article - (boxley) - (1)
             Thanks for missing the point entirely. The "logic" of the decision is indefensible. -NT - (mmoffitt)

CLIENT LIB
35 ms