IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 4 Gun Nut Arguments That Debunk Themselves
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-gun-nut-arguments-debunked-by-gun-nuts-themselves/

"Gun nut" is a loaded term that I'm going to use anyway, because it refers to members of a very specific group: Those who base their entire worldview around the idea that the presence of at least one gun can improve literally any situation. In the name of gaining a completely unbiased understanding of their position, I wanted to take four of the terrible, already debunked pro-gun arguments they use and see if they actually believe them when there aren't any libtards around to own.

In order to do this, I found some products created by gun nuts for gun nuts -- things they never would have expected to fall into the hands of someone with critical thinking or research skills. I should try to establish a little bit of rhetorical authority here by stating that I grew up shooting guns, still shoot them, and really don't care if you have one. To be more clear, I was raised by "Russians and aliens are coming" gun nuts, not "bring our machine guns into Applebee's" gun nuts. And if you're desperate to poke holes in my expertise so you can dismiss everything I say, I am certain AR-15 stands for "Action Rifle 15stopher."

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Conclusion is all that needs to be said
These books are filled with titty-thumping threats about rising up against tyranny. They assert that all these handguns are there to insure no government ever tries to take things too far. But what would that look like? Some of the more coherent books try to pull obscure events from history to demonstrate the dangers of gun control, but there's a more contemporary example. Philando Castile was pulled over by police 46 times for things like speeding, not wearing a seat belt, or having muffler trouble. Actual "jack-booted government thugs" took his liberty, stole thousands of dollars of his money, and eventually shot him to death because he had a legal gun in his car. And not a single one of you grabbed a rifle and overthrew the government. So don't tell me there will be a second civil war. You've already seen tyranny, and your reaction was to blame the victim for not meekly complying hard enough. Unless ... oh shit, unless you're ... no. Unless you're ... r-racist?
--

Drew
New Their arguments for fighting against the tyranny of the federal government has always been stupid.
I don't give a tinker's damn how much money you have and how much you're willing to spend on firearms. Not even the Koch brothers have enough money to buy enough weaponry that should the feds ever decide to come after them, they'd have more than the equivalent of a cap pistol in a nuclear fight. If you buy a firearm to "protect yourself from the gummint" then all you're doing is deciding which firearm you want to be holding when you're killed.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New +1
New Re: 4 Gun Nut Arguments That Debunk Themselves
Only A Good Guy With A Gun Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun!
no baseball bat, throwing knives, cans of corn, cue balls, rocks

guns are comfortable if you wear them everywhere,
no they are not. I quit wearing a tool belt when I put down the hammer. same thing

You Need A Gun To Protect Your Family!
no, not my family, you may need a gun to protect you from them

Men Are Monsters, So Women Need Guns!
well maybe, but after you are attacked grab a gun and hunt them down and kill them

We May Someday Need An Armed Uprising Against Our Tyrannical Government!
well sure, I agree with that. Thats why there is a national guard armory, police cars, and pawnshops all good places to supplement the guns you already own

there just replaced 5 pages of drivel with a short page of drivel as ash sez, carrion!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     4 Gun Nut Arguments That Debunk Themselves - (lincoln) - (4)
         Conclusion is all that needs to be said - (drook) - (2)
             Their arguments for fighting against the tyranny of the federal government has always been stupid. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 +1 -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: 4 Gun Nut Arguments That Debunk Themselves - (boxley)

Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
39 ms