IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What a great post

Dear Evangelical Preachers,

I think you believe you’re helping right now.

I think you believe you’re actually glorifying God.

I think you believe you’re somehow bolstering the Gospel.

I think you believe that you’re engineering some conversation-stopping, sanctified mic drop, by crediting God with Donald Trump’s ascension to the U.S. Presidency.

You’re not doing anyone of these things.

You’re not sharing the Good News of Jesus.
You’re not evangelizing.
You’re not making disciples.
You’re not helping.

You’re making from the pulpit and platform, the greatest case for Atheism you could ever make.

You’re aligning God with an ignorant, petulant, narcissistic bully.
You’re putting God’s rubber stamp on unprecedented racism, bigotry, and violence.
You’re attributing to God, the most despicable treatment of women, the greatest intolerance toward the marginalized, the least compassion for the hurting.
In other words, you’re assassinating the character of Jesus in an effort to rub non-Christian’s noses in it.

Crediting Donald Trump’s win to “God” is the best conceivable argument for someone rejecting faith.

If God is responsible for the unbridled vulgarity, the viciousness toward people of color, the utter disregard for diversity that the President has so continually displayed this year—you can keep God.

If God sanctions someone like Trump to the highest place of leadership we have—you can have that God.

If God is that partisan, God is not a God who “so loved the world”, but One who has contempt for most of it.

If you’re asking me to agree that a God who is love, can also be a God who votes Trump, you can stop right now because that’s laughable and ludicrous.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2016/12/18/evangelical-preachers-stop-crediting-god-with-donald-trumps-victory/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=johnpavlovitz

Go read the whole thing - it is truly amazing.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Carlin might have done it more concisely but not more accurately ... Language still Lives..
Expand Edited by Ashton May 11, 2018, 08:34:03 PM EDT
New The comments are a predictable sea of right-shift
--

Drew
     What a great post - (lincoln) - (2)
         Carlin might have done it more concisely but not more accurately ... Language still Lives.. -NT - (Ashton)
         The comments are a predictable sea of right-shift -NT - (drook)

Ain't science wunnaful?
73 ms