IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You *order* integer quantities, but stock on hand is fractional
Someone building the UI today would (obviously, I hope) not require entering the ".00" every time, but weren't greenscreen apps much more closely tied to the underlying data?
--

Drew
New My recollection is that it was a funky program.
I would often end up with totals that exceeded the listed stock in the warehouse. (Negative warehouse totals resulted.) It didn't seem to matter - I was told to ignore it. I gathered that whoever was in charge of ordering stuff for the warehouse had some different way of keeping track of what was needed and when (but it sorta made what I was doing kinda pointless as far as that goes).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Programs are weird sometimes. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Subtle - (drook) - (12)
         We have AS400 databases with dozen upon dozen of those. Our RPG programmers refused to use Integer. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
             Might make sense - (crazy) - (9)
                 Sounds vaguely familiar... - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     Why to do that for flour - (drook) - (6)
                         But they ordered integer quantities. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                             But can you explain this? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Nope. I never was a dB coder. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     It wouldn't have helped if you had been. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             You *order* integer quantities, but stock on hand is fractional - (drook) - (1)
                                 My recollection is that it was a funky program. - (Another Scott)
                 BCD and old mainfraimes. - (static)
         Saving space? - (scoenye)

Let's defend ourselves with a bunch of convertible tanks!
115 ms