IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New TonymacX86
https://www.tonymacx86.com/ still seems to be the go-to place for drivers, boot sticks, etc., for Hackintoshes.

A good, conversational how-to from last June is here: https://nofilmschool.com/2017/06/hackintosh-101-beginners-guide-to-building-your-own-4k-editing-machine

I see the next MacPros aren't due until (sometime) next year, and we know they won't be cheap ($2500 and up if history is any guide). A Hackintosh might be a very compelling choice for at least the next year or so.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Arrr, Matey.. thanks for the update on the craft..
Looks like, 'twixt the two links one can be up-to-date on Tim's little changes via tonymac and be reminded about the old screwdriver days (with mere air-cooled cpus) ... and your backup 'disc' is now a thumb-drive, maybe from Apple store even.

It could come to that, and I could enlist a local partner whose mettle has already been demonstrated. The nofilmschool guy seems to need mondo graphics capabilities whereas I could settle for less pricey gpu/video pieces. Wondering though if "iStat Pro" (my necessary instrumentation for watching the thermodynamics, as I am wont to do) ... can figure out what to call thermistor locations (like "Northbridge etc. in my '09 relic) or will just go Tilt. I mean.. ya wouldn't buy/use a car without a tach + oil temp, now would you?

So will clear some neurons for a test what-if, see what the modest-spec collection would cost now (with some display prolly a tad sleeker than the current 1920 x 1200 on the 24", I expect.) I thought that a Apple Pro was nearer $9K a few years back; I guess we have no clue what any next Pro will begin from but I can eschew the Black LIghtning grade, in any event. Of course.. the whole idea panders to the now iffy-expectation that (say)

The Futchah {still} ---> Lies A head (in the road).
So before I start making component lists, I await our Deliverance-via-Mueller et al. Planning a Hackintosh does imply a belief that we Shall overcome the zombie granny-starvers, maybe even get to see a special prison filled with all the perps (with lawyers of ~same genius-grade as the sfvulgarian?? :-)
     A lengthy exchange re Apple 'Service' du jour (though it was in '17) - (Ashton) - (7)
         TonymacX86 - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Arrr, Matey.. thanks for the update on the craft.. - (Ashton)
         Apple priced themselves out for me a while back - (pwhysall) - (4)
             The MacBook Pro I had for my previous job was a jewel - (drook)
             I'm used to the butterfly keyboard now. - (malraux) - (2)
                 Only thing I've ever done to a laptop was max the RAM - (drook) - (1)
                     Re: Only thing I've ever done to a laptop was max the RAM - (rcareaga)

That takes the cake like the cake stole something.
47 ms