IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Frued and hysteria
Have you seen the movie Hysteria? Great movie. True story of how a doctor invented the vibrator as a medical device to relieve the symptoms of female hysteria.

So I just watched an interview with a doctor talking about whether doctors providing this service knew what they were actually doing. The best part IMO is when she says that Frued tried to get into this racket, but wasn't very good at it. And since he couldn't figure out what women wanted lying down, he decided to sit them up and talk to them. And still didn't know what they wanted.
--

Drew
New Hip, Rap-conversant Ell Arr Pee Dee sez
I've never used said feature, but the top Google results include words like "issues", "errors", "problem", and "madness".

(My previously mentioned take on MDs-generally remains reinforced: ability to memorize 101? names-of-foot-bones can getcha an MD license to treat the Very-Rich (as #1 most-mentioned reason for trying) and being able to enunciate-sans-stuttering "sodium ethyl-mercuri-thiosalicylate" ..gets you through the Orals too..)

But don't try to bring up Thucydides as it is sure to be treated as a New-disease the Doctor needs to add to his repertoire.

PS: er, Mr. F prefers the e- coming before the -u, or he becomes downright livid. Vanity, vanity..
Expand Edited by Ashton April 12, 2018, 02:54:42 PM EDT
New I'll claim legit typo on that one
I know how to spell the Freud dude.
--

Drew
New So, it's a Freudian slip? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Fruedian in this case...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I wonder why there's never been any demand to change the name of a "hysterectomy"?
You'd think women would be a little tired of having "removal of their uterus" synonymous with the removal of "the cause of their hysteria" by now, wouldn't you?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New [penny drops]
Oh shit, never thought about the origins of that.
--

Drew
New ..well, there's 'lobotomy' too.
I mean; lobo==wolf. So then, curing your fervid brain-pan is akin to extirpation of your fine wolf-like Qualities?
I so confusicated.
But there's still work to do,

[G.O.P.] is what Repos used to call their Cosa-Nostra (a Division of Gerrymander LLC) Gerrrymander; let not a thing escape your Gerrymander.
They thought it meant 'Grand Old Party', but I have heard--across the decades--some (lovely) rather scabrous and deservedly insulting variants.

As Today's GOP heads for - - - >Who Knoze? should we try for an ept 2018-style Diss? for these conscienceless mo-fos
(before they just slink into the underbrush/their Congressional Retirement $$ following each to his/her oblivion.)

Narsty LRPeeDee disses moi! (via some diabolical contrivance of er, Admin, I wot)
This is all frightfully unimportant, but since when has that been a reason not to post?
Expand Edited by Ashton April 13, 2018, 03:32:56 PM EDT
     Frued and hysteria - (drook) - (7)
         Hip, Rap-conversant Ell Arr Pee Dee sez - (Ashton) - (3)
             I'll claim legit typo on that one - (drook) - (2)
                 So, it's a Freudian slip? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Fruedian in this case... -NT - (malraux)
         I wonder why there's never been any demand to change the name of a "hysterectomy"? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             [penny drops] - (drook)
             ..well, there's 'lobotomy' too. - (Ashton)

The natural enemy of the tightrope walker is the common bee.
72 ms