IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't trust the commentary on the pictures.
http://www.thedrive.com/news/19768/vw-dieselgate-graveyards-grow-to-over-300000-cars-across-u-s

[...]

Volkswagen agreed to fix or buy back at least 85 percent of the affected vehicles to comply with a settlement reached with U.S. authorities. Around 335,000 cars, or 71 percent of affected vehicles, were bought back as of December 2017. Volkswagen states that it has satisfied all but two percent of the vehicles, which means that it still needs to account for 9,500 cars by June 2019.

It is not clear what Volkswagen plans to do with the cars sitting in limbo in the coming months. A company spokesperson said that the vehicles are "being stored on an interim basis and routinely maintained in a manner to ensure their long-term operability and quality." Once regulators approve the company's next moves, Volkswagen may destroy, repair, or export the cars in order to begin freeing up space in the parking lots around the country.

I'd be surprised if they all just end up in the crusher.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'd suspected some version of that last..
It just couldn't make Sense to utterly scrap them all, BUT.. exporting a Toxic+Unlawful Coup to some place [with an EPA run by another Scott er, Pruitt (!!)] ... sans any (worse mileage/better emanations FIX) would be: well, you Know..

Anyway, seeing all the new Monster Cars being bought (never mind the gigundo new Trucks Not 'working on jobs' models but.. say, Daddy playing Hero Mammoth-thing Owner?) it's clear that a %huge of that yammering Vox Populi have still no slightest interest in learning how to assist personally in merely reasonable concern/Care! of the Planet etc etc. We're still in Clueless-Me-be-Comfortable-at-all cost status ... just look at what passes you on the road. Or parked in that 'Compacts' slot leaving you no way to open the door.

{{Sheesh #666}}
New I wonder if they would miss one if I aquired it
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     PIx.. abandoned, "dockless" cars in Murica ..just WOW! - (Ashton) - (7)
         Holy crap, look at the China bike photo links - (drook) - (2)
             Neat, and purty. But in a country of 1,400,000,000 people, "tens of thousands" is nothing. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Wondering.. has the Chinese language a word for 'recycling'? (Yet) - (Ashton)
         Don't trust the commentary on the pictures. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I'd suspected some version of that last.. - (Ashton)
             I wonder if they would miss one if I aquired it -NT - (boxley)
         My son took the money and kept his. - (a6l6e6x)

You can tell they are used to feeling highly competent in their home worlds.
62 ms