IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Went out to Viet Nam today for routine supplies . . .
. . mainly my favorite aged rice vinegar (from Taiwan). I also restocked my supply of Nongshim brand Neoguri Spicy Seafood flavor ramen. This is my emergency ration when I'm just too tired to do anything else. I use twice as much water as the package calls for because I want a thin soup, and I add a couple of extra crushed dried chilis - their definition of "spicy" just doesn't make it for me.

Incidentally, if you think that crap they sell in the supermarkets is "ramen", you have been very seriously mislead. Visit a Korean market for the real thing - even better than the Japanese make.

Of course, as usual, when I really don't want to be bothered, the fish section at San Gabriel Superstore had a new fish, and I needed it for my Fish pages. I bought three, and spent most of the afternoon doing photos, study, testing write-up, etc, a process that takes about 6 hours to complete.

It is the fish the high priced restaurants are now selling under its Italian name, "Branzino", because any chef worth his toque knows he can sell that for three times what he could if he called it "Bass".

It is actually just European Bass, very closely related to our Striped Bass, but more slender and elongated. Cooking properties, taste and all that are pretty much the same.

I had to break off late in the afternoon to go pick up a computer, to back-up and restore the lady's email. I had thought she doing email in the "cloud", but, no, it's all on Outlook. To do the backup I needed to boot the computer on her old hard disk - this is why I NEVER do upgrades on the existing hard disk. The compressed backup file was nearly 7 gigs - the worst email abuser of all my clients.

On the way back, I was following a black SUV with racks on top. The boat hitch was covered with a chrome motor boat propeller, it had a fish skeleton decal on the rear window, and the license plate read BASSNUT.

I'm sure the guy doesn't realize that his precious Bass (Large Mouth and Small Mouth, no doubt) aren't actually even real Bass - they're Sunfish.

Of course, you can't trot into the local bar and tell your buddies, "I caught three large mouth Sunfish today". It just isn't the same.

Anyway, I found the lady had forgotten to installed Microsoft Orifice, which she knew had to be done to restore her email, and had promised to do. I will torture her about this in the morning. It isn't really that serious - I was able to do all the work I needed the machine at my office to do.

One of the most enjoyable things about technology consulting is torturing the clients, and seeing the relief on their faces when they catch on that you're just messing with them.
New As to the BASSNUT er 'framing' of most everything (sloppily ..through disdain ever to Know)
Am willing to bet that (optimistically) maybe 1.33? percent of Muricans could recite the Scheme of Living Things aka
Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species (..sub-Species) ... even approximately..
(Maybe the bio equivalent of the Periodic Chart of the Elements? as would also be Greek to the same vast majority.)

So what can we expect from such an EdjaKayshunal 'system' as breeds these non-(voting-with-Thought)-nonCitizens? {{sigh}}
As with the Bulletin's Clock, surely in 2018 we remain a few feet from the mouth of that allegorical Cave, watching all those shadows on the wall.. to utter ZZZzzzzzzz

We ARE now The Eloi. But worse: just now actively trashing (that bookcase of mouldering paper-debris) whilst in the book: they just ignored what was there.
     Went out to Viet Nam today for routine supplies . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
         As to the BASSNUT er 'framing' of most everything (sloppily ..through disdain ever to Know) - (Ashton)

Comfort the afflicted; afflict the comfortable.
64 ms