IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Standards are in flux...
I got one of these when it was on sale in January ($22 off).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K5ZJXF/

I wanted/needed something with USB PowerDelivery (for my Essential Ph-1). This seemed to be the best, reasonably priced one at the time. It works fine. I've had good luck with Anker stuff.

There are about 5 different variations on Quick Charge. USB-PD is different, of course. If you're worried about future-proofing it will cost more. If you just want to trickle-charge a bunch of stuff, it doesn't much matter.

HTH a little. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ooh, it's got a USB-C on it
But damn, $54.

This is to take on my 4-day bike ride this summer. I'll have my phone, bike computer, GoPro, backup batteries for the GoPro, and power brick. So this 5-port (with USB-C) would be perfect.

But ride support will carry my duffel bag to each overnight point, so I can just throw a regular power strip in the bag with 5 wall warts and I won't have to buy anything.

I'd like something more compact, but not for that much. For $20, though, I'll give up the convenience of the rapid charge since it'll be plugged in overnight anyway.
--

Drew
New I should read all the posts before replying.
Anker has a $24 40W version too, linked in the article I posted.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
Expand Edited by malraux March 27, 2018, 05:43:18 PM EDT
New I'm deciding between the 5-port and 6-port
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Multi-Port-Samsung/dp/B00VH8ZW02/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P936188/

For a different of $5 I should just get the 6 even though I don't think I need it. I'd feel stupid the first time I want another port and don't have it.

But I'm not going for the 10-port. That's just silly. Probably. Isn't it? Hmm ...
--

Drew
New Do the math on devices you plug in and what each needs in Amps!
If you plug in devices like an iPad that can use 2+ Amps (usual come with 12 Watt charger) you could not even plug in 4 of them without hitting the charger limit in the Amps the first link points to. Don't just count outlets!

iPhones only need 1 Amp.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x March 30, 2018, 11:29:27 PM EDT
New Only got the one sorta-high draw device, the phone
And I'll have a solid 12 hours each night for everything to be plugged in. I should be good.
--

Drew
     Looking for a USB power strip - (drook) - (11)
         Re: Looking for a USB power strip - (Bman)
         Standards are in flux... - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Ooh, it's got a USB-C on it - (drook) - (4)
                 I should read all the posts before replying. - (malraux) - (3)
                     I'm deciding between the 5-port and 6-port - (drook) - (2)
                         Do the math on devices you plug in and what each needs in Amps! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Only got the one sorta-high draw device, the phone - (drook)
         Anything like that... - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Sounds like Anker is the one to go with - (drook)
         I get most of my reviews from The Wirecutter these days. - (malraux) - (1)
             Yep, me too - (pwhysall)

We don't think of it as a rebellion. We call it "heavily armed stress leave."
69 ms