IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Invisibilia: The Pattern Problem, a tour de force

Radio Specials

Invisibilia: The Pattern Problem

A panel of judges sits to decide the fate of the young woman. She’s the child of addicts and an ex-addict and ex-felon herself, and she’s asking the court to trust her to become an attorney. The outcome of her case hinges on a question we all struggle with: are we destined to repeat our patterns, or do we generally stray in surprising directions? It’s a question increasingly relevant in an age when algorithms are trying to predict everything about our behavior.

Deep. What CAN you predict? ..and can the algorithms "work" re a single specimen, amidst n-others/all with beaucoup data-points??
New Isn't the answer to that self-evident?
...can the algorithms "work" re a single specimen[?]

No one believes such is possible do they? By "no one" I mean non-capitalists, of course.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I liken the efforts of these dogged researchers/'Dreamers'? to..
Bertie damn near permanently-wrecking his psyche ... in that n-page Principia-effort to "rilly-prove™" that bloody- [2+2] == bloody- [4]
(but I suspect that is merely my own willingness to eschew) all manner of time-wasting akin to a
[go back a half-century ... to when kids did this to each other..]

a Snipe-hunt? :-)

I seem to recall a report here/way-back re some compiler or other which, when told explicitly {something like 2+2=4 or other tautology) ...
it er, threw an Error or otherwise came up with a different Result.
I thought then ~~Jeez this shit just doesn't compute.
New Was she "born again"?
Or, at least, learn to fake it? :)

Transformations happen, but not very damn often.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New As in "..there you go again!" ... cf. Ronnie?
     Invisibilia: The Pattern Problem, a tour de force - (Ashton) - (4)
         Isn't the answer to that self-evident? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             I liken the efforts of these dogged researchers/'Dreamers'? to.. - (Ashton)
         Was she "born again"? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             As in "..there you go again!" ... cf. Ronnie? -NT - (Ashton)

Only if you're a philistinic illiterate colonial baboon like yourself.
77 ms