IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Agreed, but ...
Most of the comments I'm seeing online say that the typical human driver would have killed her just as dead. But also that the sensors we've been told self-driving cars are using should have easily seen her.

So in this specific scenario, the car was no worse than a human driver, but still so far from what we demand and expect from automation that we want them all grounded for the foreseeable future.
--

Drew
New Indeed
Being no less lethal than a human pretty much defeats the entire purpose.

(Interestingly, it also seems no better than a human in sticking to the speed limit...)
     That didn't take long. - (mmoffitt) - (47)
         I'll wait for the video -NT - (drook) - (42)
             Um, you doubt the veracity of the report? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                 No - (drook) - (29)
                     Local ABC affiliate video - (Another Scott) - (28)
                         Maybe - (drook)
                         But they *WILL* be pushed out because Shareholders and Banksters need more MONEY. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                             Great reason to question the motives, but sometimes the "right thing" also make someone rich -NT - (drook)
                             It won't be long before it's the only kind of car I'll be allowed to use! - (a6l6e6x) - (22)
                                 Feh. Mass transit is and always was the answer. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                                     Mass Transit? - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
                                         How so? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                             Re: How so? - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
                                                 Okay, it doesn't work for ambulances either. But those are outliers. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                     We also have to look at US geography - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                         There's no reason not to do it, other than infatuation with the car because reasons - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                             Disagree - (crazy) - (5)
                                                                 Re: Disagree - (pwhysall)
                                                                 Also - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                                     45-60 for me. - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                         Yeah, I enjoyed my nyc commute. - (crazy)
                                                                     54 miles 40-45 minutes 3.5 hours 1 way public transpo the a 2.5 mile hike. no thanks -NT - (boxley)
                                                 Perhaps they need a permanent techie employee! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                                                     Only one of my clients is big enough for that. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                                         Suit instead of suite? Was that intentional? If so, I like it. :0) - (mmoffitt)
                                                         A fun thing about Microsoft Exchange Server. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                             Another fun thing. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                 Yeah, I ran into the open relay problem myself. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                     Systems guys at the law firm I worked at *turned off* the firewall - (drook)
                                                                 The flaw in "safety by obscurity" - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     Permanent? - (crazy)
                         Got it backwards - (crazy) - (1)
                             Moi likes your reading-list.. -NT - (Ashton)
             And here's the video - (drook) - (10)
                 Drum has some good questions... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Those, plus... - (scoenye) - (2)
                         Agreed, but ... - (drook) - (1)
                             Indeed - (scoenye)
                     Lidar vendor doesn't understand it either - (scoenye)
                 New video ... they're evil, and screwed - (drook) - (4)
                     Not shocked at all... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Me neither. Lower quality camera === more profits for shareholders. Capitalism is evil. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Confused. What does that video show? - (crazy) - (1)
                         Uber's makes it look unavoidable - (scoenye)
         It will be a brief pause before tests resume. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Photos of the scene - (drook) - (2)
             A+ for actually sleuthing ..almost showing that, - (Ashton)
             Multiple faults. - (static)

Switch view to kaleidoscopic.
157 ms