Having mentioned that I had resisted the siren call of New.. techno gadgetry in the auto lane.. here,
Today encountered a report re airbag problems with a couple Hyundai models ... which led me to:
Consumer Affairs.

Reads like the very old radio soap opera Queen for a Day, heard as a tyke wherein, women vied for (being..) the world's worst-luck 'Winner' of a bunch of stuff.
Taking into account the relatively shallow *"automotive ken" of the otherwise affable salesman, then looking at this litany
[who knoze how stat.-significant? are these mere 1468 horror stories] caused endorphins] aka

Lucky, Lucky to just maybe have escaped becoming #1469; all I know fershure is that, had I one of these things parked in my driveway and then discovered this agony-circle ... well, you know
(Yup, it IS the Universe of Uncertainty, innit? :-) as in {Whew!}

* I took the time to wander about the place, thence to ask a minion where the wrenches are, a couple simple Qs re the engine, its turbo and: any field reports. (I also wondered how ept such maintainers were apt to be.. should they encounter such er IT-type problems with all the automated display/other systems..) Above screeds now tend to answer that wondering :-/

(Jeez too, there seem to be abundant examples re VWs! (even aside from the world-demonstration of their cupidity with the diesel fake-tests))
Caveat Emptor today--as never before, is my takeaway.. it goes way beyond a simple case of PEBKAC (when a run of engines comes with gratis metal filings all over the insides)
and a company as huge as Ford.. bad-designs a transmission. Over years of production, yet.