1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How to fight guns ,..
Stop fighting guns.

A: Lots of people really like them.
B: The 2nd Amendment.
C: You can't win a war against an abstraction. Ref: War on Poverty, War on Drugs, War on Crime, War on Terror.

What you can win is a comparison with crazy people. So make the NRA absolute poison for politicians.

Hang their campaign contributions like a millstone around their necks. Primary them. Make it so you can't get elected game warden with NRA money.

Same for "issue ads". You want senators calling the NRA telling them, "Stop supporting me. You're costing me votes."
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook March 9, 2018, 08:05:35 AM EST
New Nice conflation.. could even Work; In-bed-with NRA? == Poison. ... Die in your sleep.:-)
New Just worked in FL.
NY Times: Florida Governor Signs Gun Limits Into Law, Breaking With the N.R.A.
MIAMI — Florida’s nickname has been the “Gunshine State” because of its decades-long efforts to loosen gun restrictions.

But on Friday, Gov. Rick Scott broke with the National Rifle Association and signed into law requirements to raise the minimum age and waiting period to purchase a gun. It was the most aggressive action on gun control taken in the state in many years, following the shooting of 17 students and staff last month at a high school.

The sweeping and bipartisan $400 million Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act imposes new restrictions on firearm purchases and the possession of “bump stocks,” funds school police officers and mental health services, broadens law enforcement’s power to seize weapons, and allows certain staff to carry guns in schools.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New How about starting a Repeal Movement?
The founders were horrified of standing, full-time armies. Thus, Amendment Two was drafted. But that aversion to full-time standing armies died out a long time ago. The federal government has theirs and the States (with their National Guards) have theirs. Both are armed by the citizens through taxation. Such being the case, we no longer need the citizens to arm nor serve in the militias when they are constituted and called to duty for the States. Hence, we no longer need the Second Amendment.

If you're a Constitutional "originalist", I can't see how you fault that reasoning.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Obviously true, on inspection; means Nothing to that ~40% guns=My-Religion tribe.. Sic transit..
New Form a non profit, we could make a buttload of moolah fundraising for it.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New It's all about the art of the possible.
And that's not it.

Not least because half the people you're aiming that at couldn't follow a trail of piss in the snow, let alone the reasoning in that argument.
New I just saw a clip, one (at least) of the Florida kids was trying this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-acwbGhRo

Kasky: I’m going to ask again: are you going to accept money from the NRA in the future?

Rubio: I will always accept the help of anyone who agrees with my agenda...

Kasky: Your agenda is protecting us, right?

Unify on this one. Go after the NRA.
--

Drew
     As the teachers' strike persists.. - (Ashton) - (9)
         They won; Democ. Now had full coverage of Int'l Womens Day..dunno what the Std Meeja had to say - (Ashton) - (8)
             How to fight guns ,.. - (drook) - (7)
                 Nice conflation.. could even Work; In-bed-with NRA? == Poison. ... Die in your sleep.:-) -NT - (Ashton)
                 Just worked in FL. - (a6l6e6x)
                 How about starting a Repeal Movement? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Obviously true, on inspection; means Nothing to that ~40% guns=My-Religion tribe.. Sic transit.. -NT - (Ashton)
                     Form a non profit, we could make a buttload of moolah fundraising for it. -NT - (boxley)
                     It's all about the art of the possible. - (pwhysall)
                 I just saw a clip, one (at least) of the Florida kids was trying this - (drook)

RESISTANCE IS USELESS!
84 ms