Haven't seen/used that audio Tek display.. a faster scope would make the lines sharper in the displayed artworks; a usual scope phosphor is green, natch--so best exploitation of the ideas seems to favor the almost-free, also cheap computer route. (Necessary if Color is your aim.)

The tuner shown is a knock-off of the legendary Marantz 10 B FM-tuner-with-scope: there you could See the stereo bucket-o-worms in its [X-Y] audio mode; that alone can be fascinating; it's main and then unique facet however was the ability to display the 'IF' output and watch the display as you tuned: a perfectly flat line across screen meant that multi-path distortion (time delays re near/far reflections) was absent (though distance might have been the larger problem,) Have seen that flat-line (but only on a lab-grade stereo generator..) Thus, you could minimize this audible distortion by rotating antenna a tad. Location/location ... hills, buildings could be insurmountable but usually the Feature could make clear audio improvement to moderate multi-path. The 10 B featured One transistor: it switched on/off stereo mode :-รพ On ePay the 10 Bs in pristine condition are last I looked: $3K and ^up^. I sold a few at $750 list way-back; when that was real money.

I gots scopes (green only) but shipping--has inflated greatly in the dis-US over past 10 years, now at --> unreasonable levels/absurd outside the country. NIce he showed the Wiki- on Lissajous X-Y and scopes.

Thanks! ..nostalgia.