IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Texas school district threatens suspension if students protest to prevent the next mass shooting
Kos.

"Life is all about choices and every choice has a consequence whether it be positive or negative. We will discipline no matter if it is one, fifty, or five hundred students involved," Rhodes wrote. "All will be suspended for 3 days and parent notes will not alleviate the discipline." [...]

"A school is a place to learn and grow educationally, emotionally and morally," Rhodes wrote.

"A disruption of the school will not be tolerated."

Reminiscent of Mr. Gore's title, "Assault on Reason"?
It's all getting Sooo so so-so
New Funny that.
I have nieces that live in Texas. Ten years or so ago, school attendance there was essentially voluntary. When I enrolled my 15 year old niece in our local high school (she had planned to live with us until graduation, but that didn't work out as planned), our school district called to inform me that she had not attended school in Texas in the prior two years after having received some sort of "exception" to the rule of mandatory attendance. There were quite a number of exceptions apparently with the result that attendance was largely at the discretion of the student. That said, I understand there have been changes to Texas laws that may have improved the situation some, but all these kids really have to do under current law is find a teacher who approves of their protest. There's got to be one, doesn't there?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New (Alex sig) ..those who believe that "their ignorance is just as good as your knowledge" cha. ch'cha.
What with the Military rehearsing an invasion of N. Korea ... and one-by-one All social services being reduced or eliminated (box lunches with candy-bars instead of food stamps for just one) I reckon that I just may be Too-late already for liquidating --> Canada or an interesting spot in Mexico (which has seen massive, accelerating increases in new Ex-Pats over this past year.)

Anyone who purports to see just_When a one must Choose (as of today) is a fool or genuine Wizard because, should the short-fingered vulgarian get-reel-soon-next the handy-thus-Useable new Murican nukes in those tiny fingers means: all our dire predictions heretofore were Optimistic. All while the mouth-breathers are increasing their well-funded propaganda as-in-pre-Iraq. Only.. with even more beastly adjectives than under the Cheney Shogunate, it seems. All those juicy dystopian novels under our belt? ..don't rise to Today's situation I wot.

Gotcher plane outfitted with "IFF" yet? don't wanna be shot down by an Air National Guard tyke as a fleeing unMurican, right? Yeah too, the language has by now been so expertly murdered already.. there are left no Attention y'All!!! phrases that can rise above the din of the vox populi.

I shall endeavor to try to see the Cosmic Humor (also within) the actual map of our 'final descent' as, getting panties in a twist is just a waste of energy ... so necessary every day, next. A purring cat may be a balm, but cannot avert a soupçon of the momentum of this premeditated National seppuku; may the one Percent receive Firstly: the boiling tar, arrows or other means of desecration which they--as actual governors--so "rich-ly" earned. Eh?
     Texas school district threatens suspension if students protest to prevent the next mass shooting - (Ashton) - (2)
         Funny that. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             (Alex sig) ..those who believe that "their ignorance is just as good as your knowledge" cha. ch'cha. - (Ashton)

Lather, rinse, repeat.
41 ms