IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maya Angelou on American Masters/pbs (where else?)
Here.

Malcolm X et al.. the plan to bring the U.S. to some tribunal via U.N.: utterly routed via {guess}
the omnipresent Murican-$$$ as killed the plan still-born. And much else ie.
Intelligent conversations with a, er ..See Title.

Fleshes out her signature epistle, I Know Why the caged bird sings.

The suckiness of the dis-U.S. It's been with us all along; the present cabal merely emphasizes All ... ∑!! ... of the ingredients of that suckiness-baked-within-the marrow of all the My Grammas extant (or no longer with us, from way before the song Strange Fruit, before Emmett Till, before ... )
Nice.. that someone can relate that History sans lugubrious cliches and illustrate the zeitgeist we'unses all have lived through.
Only it ain't "through" yet--by a Long-shot--because We.. Our Tribe, Are.. Incorrigible.. hypocrites. And each Day of Drumpf makes that-all appear to be a Permanent condition.
New It is February.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Saw the reference in another forum. Thanks for pointing this out.
Upon returning from the Soviet Union as a ten year old, among my father's greatest fears was that his two young sons (my younger brother and me) had swallowed whole Soviet propaganda. Over the years I believe I was able to convince him that he had misunderstood us both. It wasn't so much that we had inculcated the ideals that were banged into our heads at every turn (although that was partially true. And what of it? Are not the ideals that "all people are created equal" and that no one should receive more than he needs at the expense of another doing without ideals that merit inculcation?). It was more that we saw our own country not through the rose colored glasses that most Muricans saw it, but through crystal clear lenses. That was enough to make us near-traitorous in our thoughts.

Aside: I have a cousin who nominally had a course with Maya at Wake Forest. I asked her how often she'd lectured her. She laughed and replied, "I saw Maya Angelou twice that year. Both times walking across campus."
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Maya Angelou on American Masters/pbs (where else?) - (Ashton) - (2)
         It is February. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Saw the reference in another forum. Thanks for pointing this out. - (mmoffitt)

Uno, dos, tres, quatro.
96 ms