IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Where? I'd like to see the responses.
--

Drew
New Here ya go.
https://www.balloon-juice.com/2018/02/15/trump-to-address-a-grieving-nation-at-11-am-et/#comment-6757079

I didn't post a huge excerpt and didn't have time to edit it down the way you did, so the only comments I've seen are about the "the gun is always loaded" first point.

Maybe Adam or AL will run with it later?

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nit. What he's talking about is NOT the issue here.
The weapon was used exactly as designed and intended.

I have firearms myself and have had for a long time. Would I be willing to give them up? Under the right circumstances, of course. Do I think I have a Constitutional right to own the firearms I do own? Don't be ridiculous. I can read and I know that I have no such Constitutional Right except vacuously.

If we weren't such a truly fscked up people, we'd have told Justice Roberts to go fsck himself if he couldn't read the phrase "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state" with the comprehension possessed by a slow-learning two year old. No one that illiterate should have ever been able to graduate from undergraduate school, let alone law school.

But, we are that fscked up. And, as Peter noted, most of us are willing to see a dozen or three children every few months slaughtered to continue our sense of freedom.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New So it's not perfect
He acknowledged that. But over time it would change the culture.

You don't get to be careless with guns. Guns aren't something you play with. You are responsible for what happens with your guns.

These are the NRA's own rules. Wouldn't that be a better baseline for conversation about guns than people screaming "shall not be infringed" over and over?
--

Drew
New I think honesty is a good place to start.
I used to be a member of the NRA. I quit when they started their idiotic fight against background checks at gun shows.The NRA is a lot like the Republican Party. Looking at both those organizations, comparing what they are today with what they were 50 years ago is stunning. From the reference frame of 50 years ago, neither is recognizable and both are absolutely full-on fucknuts crazy.

I don't think this country is salvageable because I don't believe a far too significant minority (40% give or take) of its people are salvageable. Codifying NRA rules will do absolutely nothing. It won't make private firearm ownership any more safe and it will not change the conversation at all. I know about a dozen long-time NRA members who, like me, opted out when it became clear that the leadership was batshit crazy. The trouble is, those who remain members are as batshit crazy as the leadership. You don't learn how to properly handle a firearm from a law. You learn it from your family (I learned it from my grandfather when I was six and he took me out shooting the first time). That's what's required. The people have to change and that, my friend, is not going to happen in this shithole country.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New In support of this conclusion see
Post in Reviews re Maya Angelou's history.
(Is there a stronger word for an Incorrigible tribe?) besides the obvious add-on, "of-clueless-Assholes".
     This is never going to stop. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
         Rubio received $3.3M in donations from the NRA - (pwhysall) - (10)
             Whatchyoo mean "probably"? They're *all* inferior. - (drook) - (8)
                 Excellent. Thanks for the pointer. Threw it up on B-J as well. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     Where? I'd like to see the responses. -NT - (drook) - (5)
                         Here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             Nit. What he's talking about is NOT the issue here. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 So it's not perfect - (drook) - (2)
                                     I think honesty is a good place to start. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         In support of this conclusion see - (Ashton)
                 no issues with that becoming law but commone sense is hard to regulate -NT - (boxley)
             On traffic deaths ... - (mmoffitt)
         he posted 5 months ago that he was going to be a professional school shooter - (boxley)

You can't polish a turd.
55 ms