IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.
I hope they find a way to stay in business (or get bought out by someone with deep pockets). It's a good phone.

I wish I could find a screen protector for it, though. It's got a very slight crown and only this one from Moshi claims to be curved to fit it. Unfortunately, it's not available yet. Even plastic ones seem to be problematic.

(sigh)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nah, let it go pop
The Essential is a curiosity phone - it took a near 50% price drop for you to become interested, for example.

The way to stay in business will be to make a phone that people actually want to buy :)
New Didn't realize (or didn't remember) this.
Wikipedia:

On August 2017, it was reported that Amazon, Tencent and Foxconn have invested in Essential Products.[11][12]

That probably has something to do with their new $450 version, with Alexa...

Cheers,
Scott.
     Essential PH-1 with 360 camera for $399 at Amazon today. - (Another Scott) - (35)
         You have to post some 360 video when you get that -NT - (drook) - (7)
             No video yet. Initial Essential Ph-1 mini-review. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Stock Android has a whether widget that matches that description - (drook) - (3)
                     I find the list of "apps" easily, ... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Ah, here we go. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Also, too. - (Another Scott)
                 Chronus for your weather widget -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Thanks for the pointer. -NT - (Another Scott)
         You're in an exclusive club. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Nah, let it go pop - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Didn't realize (or didn't remember) this. - (Another Scott)
         Had to move on... - (Another Scott) - (22)
             Re: And it has the 3.5 mm jack! Woot! - (a6l6e6x)
             That 3.5mm jack. - (static) - (20)
                 I'm sure it will eventually be replaced. - (Another Scott) - (19)
                     So why can't I find a Bluetooth mic for my car? - (drook) - (18)
                         The Kenwood (IIRC) head that I got for Joan's Corolla has a wired mic. - (Another Scott)
                         Don't car BT head-units have their own mic? - (scoenye) - (16)
                             That could be why I'm not finding them - (drook) - (15)
                                 How do you have it paired? - (scoenye) - (14)
                                     It's not with a head unit - (drook) - (13)
                                         FM repeater??? WTF was 2018, the Stone Age? - (CRConrad) - (12)
                                             My car is a 2004 - (drook) - (4)
                                                 Yup, sure, valid reason. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                     My last three - (drook)
                                                 well you "could" replace the radio, cheaper than replacing the car -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     I'm gonna need my own ride again when the kid comes home -NT - (drook)
                                             "Head unit" - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                 "Head unit" ... "volume knob" ... - (drook) - (4)
                                                     No you're not. -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         No, I actually tried - (drook) - (2)
                                                             Perhaps your expectations were premature... -NT - (malraux)
                                                             Perhaps you had forgotten "the fastest four-handed game" of allĀ® - (Ashton)
                                                 Ah. Thought it might be one of those where you take off the front, but that would be "the face" then -NT - (CRConrad)

I fell in love with my manservant, who was
actually the disguised twin sister of the
man that my former love secretly married,
having mistaken him for my manservant who
was wooing her on my behalf whilst secretly
in love with me.

58 ms