IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Methinks a Keeper ..in the struggle to put exact words around Monsterness
NYT/Roger Cohen

Blongs here.. it's all about The Enablers' brains, spines and {{their death-wish of ..Resignation??}} ... as in the other post, in cursive script.

Trump’s Corruption of the American Republic

President Trump’s most significant, and ominous, achievement in his first year in office is the corruption of the Republic. I don’t mean that he has succeeded in destroying the checks and balances on which American freedom rests. I mean that he has so soiled the discourse that a kind of numbness has set in, an exhaustion of outrage that allows him to proceed with the unthinkable.

The greatest danger from a man so unerring in his detection of human weakness, so attuned to the thrill of cruelty, so aware of the manipulative powers of entertainment, so unrelenting in his disregard for truth, so contemptuous of ethics and culture, so attracted to blood and soil, was always that he would use the immense powers of his office to drag Americans down with him into the vortex.

Trump is succeeding in this. He is having his way, for all the investigative vigor of the free press he derides, for all the honor of the judiciary that has pushed back against his attempts to stain with bigotry the law of the land. Slowly but surely, the president is getting people to shrug.

The appalling becomes excusable, the heinous becomes debatable, the outrageous becomes comical, lies become fibs, spite becomes banal, and hymns to American might become cause for giddy chants of national greatness.

This is happening before our eyes. My grandson, Raphael, was born Feb. 1, in Gallup, N.M. Hours old as I write, he’s my fifth grandchild; they’re all four or under. I worry about what country they will find.

[. . .]

New Yep, it's a view from on high.
It's true for as long as memory persists.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Methinks a Keeper ..in the struggle to put exact words around Monsterness - (Ashton) - (1)
         Yep, it's a view from on high. - (a6l6e6x)

Close to the edge.
59 ms