SImilarly, in countless newish-means of communicating lies daily improved tactics against the Visigoths now not merely at-the-door ... but trashing the entire household; still, anyone still dozing away in that Complacency fantasy brain/off state.. is also a major Enemy towards recovery. Sic transist and all that.

Carz: it seems that Foord HAS kept their (actually generous!) promise of recompense, by check alleged at dealer: now (!) The cynic-within does however marvel at any such mondo-Corp actually Being 'generous' (thus: by Not-listening to their own gaggle of legal beagles who could spin mindless-delays and nickel-dime stuff/we all know that drill.)

Having spotted the achilles-heel-of 'hybrids' [simple old MTBF for the complexity of TWO complete power systems]--for which You pay all along, etc.
(That plus the entry cost as say, for the KIa new plug-in offering)
That too-many-$$ left moi with good impressions (not only by the BS-dismantlers at TTAC) but others:

Seems it's to be a '18 Hyundai 'ECO' as blows the doors off many hybrid MPG claims re "economy" but--also-too--has a Sport-mode and the kick-in-ass (measurable 0-60 performance ∆) of the smaller but Turbo! engine, not unlike the Black Shadow vee's Torque vs. all those vertical twin screamers. (Ran out of options for a left-over '17 and better rebates. Pity not a hatch-back but them's the brakes-breaks)

Recovery: last week was a kinda Haul the Debris truck-fleet thing. I drove over the road where I used to get barbered ... it looked exactly like Berlin '45 there, The salon /nearby houses completely obliterated. With housing another Universal Murican-nightmare, many folk are in precarious straits (even had we actual sane governance--but still, Gov. Jerry + State legislature are still amidst the remaining Good-guys of governance. ie
I was f*ing Lucky during crap-shoot of the two weeks of this plot being In- then Out-side of that Red-zone.
(Just across creek, a huge mansion of a local Gentry dynasty went *poof*. Cthulhu works in mysterious Ways.

More luck: the Opossum who cadged food, whom I ƒeared-lost.. came Through and looks back st me (in kitchen) after my X-10 Syst raises the lighting on his approach to dish: I wave/s/he? eats. All is well for yet another critter. Makes endorphins, all that.

Glad that you too have survived Cthulhu's warz on Repo-grade Weather in your bailiwick; saw the pix from the ground in your parts.. ... lit the Survival candle then (as the whole E. bloc of the dis-US got What-global warming? schadenfreude from the plurality of dysfunctional Despicables :-/

We Shall overcome it seems, so long as Young Un possesses the insight that: this Drumpf Clan is due for extirpation by most Americans du jour.
Drumpf + New/or Old nukes must be --[separated]-- before we have any actual Hope, here, I wot.