IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IWeThey.gig --++ && IWeThey.spouse.gig ++
So it's been a busy month.

My father-in-law succumbed to lung cancer in December. My (now former) boss and I disagreed about whether I should be at work the day of the funeral. I dusted off the resume and started pinging the usual suspects, but he beat me to the punch just after we came back from the holidays.

I just confirmed the last of the paperwork is done for the new gig I'm starting next week. Better pay, contract instead of hourly so pluses and minuses. But it's for a company I actually like. Think two-wheeled transportation in a black-and-orange color scheme. Yeah, part of their internal operations are based here.

And while this was all going on my wife, who has been working at the school store at our kids' school (snack bar, uniform sales, "spirit wear" AKA logo sweats and T-shirts, etc.) was asked to take over running the whole thing full time. As of last Friday her official title is Director of Student Union. So it'll look good on a resume in 3 years when our kids are done at that school and she's looking for something else.
--

Drew
New Good deal!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Excellent ++
It's really crappy to be booted out like that, especially for circumstances around family, but it's great you're back on your feet relatively quickly.

Condolences to both of you.

Enjoy the new work circumstances!

Cheers,
Scott.
New glad you have a gig and were not on the bench too long
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Sorry to hear about your FIL
But it sounds like you're better off given your previous employer's demands.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yeah, it was ... exceptional
I came in on a Monday and told him my wife was currently checking her father into hospice care. Sometime in the next couple of weeks I expected to need a few days off to take care of things. I gave him 2-page summaries of each of the 4 projects I was running so someone could cover for me for those few days.

He said, "I need to know the date so I can create the coverage plan."
--

Drew
New Wow...
Regards,
-scott
New The dead-Spirit of Drumpf oozes through the Susceptibles, I note ... daily :-/
Also PS:

Vrooom..!
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 1, 2018, 09:18:06 PM EST
New Also (stolen from elsewhere): "HR policies that don't work at 4% unemployment"
Regards,
-scott
New Condolences
Sounds as if your FIL arrived at a hospice at about the 'right' time, just enough to have some help in facing the Unknowable ..peacefully. A pretty good thing I wot.
New Good spring back!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     IWeThey.gig --++ && IWeThey.spouse.gig ++ - (drook) - (10)
         Good deal! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Excellent ++ - (Another Scott)
         glad you have a gig and were not on the bench too long -NT - (boxley)
         Sorry to hear about your FIL - (malraux) - (4)
             Yeah, it was ... exceptional - (drook) - (3)
                 Wow... -NT - (malraux)
                 The dead-Spirit of Drumpf oozes through the Susceptibles, I note ... daily :-/ - (Ashton)
                 Also (stolen from elsewhere): "HR policies that don't work at 4% unemployment" -NT - (malraux)
         Condolences - (Ashton)
         Good spring back! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

More fun than a fart in a spacesuit.
65 ms