Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New PK's Twitter interview today.
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/958762632105873414

In usual Twitter fashion, the reply is above the question, here:

Paul Krugman ‏Verified account @paulkrugman

Paul Krugman Retweeted Handelsblatt Global

I briefly let my political dismay overwhelm my economic models (I retracted in 3 days). The fact is that in normal times central bankers matter much more for the business cycle than politicians; for now, the Fed and the ECB are doing their jobs, and Trump doesn't matter much

Paul Krugman added,

Handelsblatt Global
Verified account

@HandelsblattGE

Our first question @paulkrugman, is: The global economy is flourishing and not even Trump has been able to derail this economic boom. You predicted a “huge recession and market crash”. Why have your predictions not come true? #HBGlobalDay #economics #recession #GFC
10:03 AM - 31 Jan 2018

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Key point in there: "I was wrong, and here's where I said so"
Find anyone who spent 8 years predicting Obama would destroy the economy ... or anyone saying rampant inflation is right around the corner ... who has ever said that.
--

Drew
New good to know, that makes more sense
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Some words from $$$Davos re Drumpf--on one hand--$$$ on the Other - (Ashton) - (17)
         as far as the $$$ go it was stridently predicted that the stock markets - (boxley) - (16)
             I don't remember those predictions - (drook) - (15)
                 oh, ok - (boxley) - (14)
                     Embarrassing, but ... - (drook) - (9)
                         hey, if you had told me that a year in the market would be 26k - (boxley) - (7)
                             We're finding out how much the market is driven by self-fulfilling prophecy -NT - (drook)
                             Maybe it's because he hasn't actually successfully implemented HIS policies yet? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 taxes, check. obama rollbacks mostly check epa neutered mostly checked. Did I miss something? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                     {{sigh}} Your tape badly needs a Re-Mix. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         eh? mmoffit asked? - (boxley) - (1)
                                             General economic trends pre-date Drumpf. But, you know that. And I'm not playing. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     A year and a half of on-again, off-again "trade war" and tariffs later, as the first... - (CRConrad)
                         ..Wins! 2020 Prognostication Award (Box's science-iffy assertions are, well.. Box's-all-alone) -NT - (Ashton)
                     Krugman way underestimated greed. - (a6l6e6x)
                     PK's Twitter interview today. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Key point in there: "I was wrong, and here's where I said so" - (drook)
                         good to know, that makes more sense -NT - (boxley)