1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not much of a "dynasty".
Adam Silverman at B-J:

Adam L Silverman says:

January 30, 2018 at 11:15 pm

@cain: First off it isn’t a dynasty. His grand uncle got part of a term before being assassinated. His grandfather was assassinated before the election. His other grand uncle never got out of the primaries. There is no dynasty. There is a famous name as he’s from an elite and notable family. But far more members of his family have stayed out of politics than have been in it. Given he’s 37, my guess is he’d be angling for the VP spot on someone else’s ticket.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who didn't see the rebuttal yet, either.)
New Well, whomever his speech writer is, he knows how to talk to Real Democrats.
I was seriously on the verge of tears at some points like when he said, "We choose both." (see video for context). It's been more than 25 years since I heard a Democratic politician unambiguously and convincingly say that people who don't happen to live on that shitty little island between the Hudson and East Rivers matter as much as the non-contributing, narcissistic, megalomaniacal sociopaths who do.

It was, shall we say, refreshing.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Yeah, about "We choose both" ... someone's got game
Trump is all about "the deal". By focusing on what's wrong with zero-sum thinking they can undermine the value of dealmaking. Show that you can get what you want while someone else also gets that they want. Stop setting interest groups against each other.
--

Drew
New GMTA, pretty much ..natch.
(Even at his Best oratorical prowess.. and in all retrospect: I think that BHO--who stood out so well-above the doggerel we've had to digest.. Forever--he cancelled-that Best via his own treatment of--to pick just one major issue--his ALSO utterly inHumane treatment as he ramped-up the instant-deportations, seen now to be not much more compassionate than Drumpf's [expected] racist model.

I get the dynasty thing. But at a time of much-success in evoking the demons of the inarticulately-enraged, and Scary-success in many premeditated attacks on virtually every koan of a definition of "democracy" ... Joe III appears to have adsorbed the best/brightest instincts of the later-Bobby (we have to recall too, that RFK did abet HUAC/the McCarthy-beast assault on these yes, Values.. before he awoke) towards a finer consciousness, as in that Great unscripted address to the largely-black audience: the day of MLK's assassination. aka the Æschylus quotation.. That too was a Stunner (and many can quote the A. excerpt today because of that context.)

I'll just Hope that the *Joe-the-First + RFK genes got passed on .. adequately. He shall have to unDo the damage of the Orange-beast's well-groomed sop to all the mouth-breathers evah (as we hope that their Antagonists Shall next get off their also well-padded asses and fucking-VOTE.)

* We'unses recall that: the USAF sent Joe I off in a plane laden with HE (explosives) on an almost suicide mission into Germany. It was that, in the end. He is the one the family expected to make Prez. etc. etc. (JFK was ever in Joe's shadow, we must presume.)

Carrion..
currently the Orange Trojan-horse has loosed his tribe upon the sleeping masses and believes his Me-Me-Me-Self is on a roll. Somehow the masses need a peek at Why the shit from that Orange horse really Stinks.
New Yes but ...
The Times caption:
Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III, a scion of one of America’s foremost political dynasties, spoke after President Trump’s State of the Union address.

If you have to make the argument that they're not really a dynasty, you've already lost the point.
--

Drew
New "The New York Times is garbage" - tagline of someone at B-J.
Too often, that is correct.

But, yeah, arguing about definitions usually isn't productive.

Cheers,
Scott.
     KISS summary of the wannabe-Dictator in-action. - (Ashton) - (9)
         Maybe the best political speech I've heard in 30+ years. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
             Only problem I have with it - (drook) - (7)
                 Not much of a "dynasty". - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Well, whomever his speech writer is, he knows how to talk to Real Democrats. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Yeah, about "We choose both" ... someone's got game - (drook)
                         GMTA, pretty much ..natch. - (Ashton)
                     Yes but ... - (drook) - (1)
                         "The New York Times is garbage" - tagline of someone at B-J. - (Another Scott)
                 yes and no, he is a long way from a mob approved and elected president - (boxley)

Here lies my beloved Zoë, my autumn flower, somewhat less attractive now she's all corpsified and gross…
60 ms