IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New you are confused
I can certainly see what trump is saying. Just pointing out that the cynical "OMG he said shithole country" when the countries named are indeed just that.

The press is "breathlessly" reporting nonsense from a private meeting yet I do not recall them ever so excited when previous presidents and leader talked trash in private meetings in the past.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Context matters, and you know that.
The discussion was about how to create and pass a DACA bill in the next few days. It wasn't them sitting around telling "3 guys walk into a bar" jokes, or something.

Just because the reporting has concentrated on "OMG, Donnie said a bad word!!11" doesn't mean that you need to play dumb about what's really going on in these discussions. Especially when you're someone who has posted quite eloquently about toxic racism that your family and friends have been subjected to...

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Context matters, yes it does, What does DACA have to do with haitian earthquake refugees?
a lot, he wanted to overhaul the lottery system and economic migration. Others in the room wanted to expand the lottery. Not just a DACA bill at all.
New The time constraint is a result of him trying to break DACA.
The other stuff is his attempt to restrict immigration by people he doesn't like in exchange for restoring DACA before the deadline.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Top story on CNN right now:
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/politics/trump-shithole-analysis/index.html - "Why focusing on 'shithole' totally misses the point"

Trump supporters have been focusing on the word choice. The rest of the world is looking at what the intent behind it was.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New maybe more important is reports that he said it deliberately to inflame his base
knowing that Durban couldnt wait to get to a reporter.
Funny how the news cycle a few days ago was inaugurating Opera like they didnt need to wait for an election.
Now its shithole 24x7 and Oprah who?
manipulator in chief
New Is that what you were doing?
--

Drew
New Way to avoid the point.
No, it wasn't a "private meeting". It was elected officials on the clock, doing their jobs. And no, it wasn't about whsat he called the countries per se, it was about him applying the shitholeness of the countries to immigrants therefrom. But you know all this, since it has been pointed out to you several times.

More importantly, my point here was neither of those, but precisely this habit of yours, to pretend to being an utter moron whenever you're called out on something. Thank you for illustrating that point so convincingly by DOING IT YET AGAIN. So, I'll put you down for "Nope, it's not inadvertent, I REVEL in being an arsehole". (Thereby proving, by your Trumpian logic, England to be the greatest shithole of them all. Congrats, Peter!)

To the rest of you (i.e. mainly Malraux, Mike V, whoever passes for an Admin around here nowadays): Wow, it's been great. I'll pop in again in another three years or five, see if this problem has finally fixed itself, or the site has died from attrition (caused at least in part by this arsehole), whichever comes first. Or mail me an all-clear, once you've realised this shitholery is every bit as bad as Norm, and have taken active steps to fix it.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     There are “shithole countries,” and then there’s - (rcareaga) - (31)
         Since it is hearsay which countries but lets examine the list shall we? - (boxley) - (12)
             Why shall we examine the list, box? - (rcareaga) - (11)
                 so you obviously equate haiti, somalia, nigeria and el salvador having the same grace - (boxley) - (10)
                     unless I misremember (and I may have) - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         what has that got to do with the price of milk? - (boxley) - (4)
                             “I have no objection to them being called that” - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                 so once again please describe why there are not -NT - (boxley)
                                 Because people from Norway would rather be in Norway! - (crazy)
                             The umbrage is from the implication that the people are shit as well. -NT - (malraux)
                         ok, maybe you were not here when I expressed my views about capitalism - (boxley)
                     Grace charm and friendliness? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         I have been to minnesota, pretty similar -NT - (boxley)
                         Isn't your claim about the "average Norwegian" virtually universal? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         He wants to exclude *the people* from those countries. That's the issue, of course. - (Another Scott) - (13)
             yay! you hit the point right on the head - (boxley) - (10)
                 "Anything not required is prohibited, and vice versa." -NT - (drook)
                 BOx: Do you honestly think you're being intellectually honest in your discussions here? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                     you are confused - (boxley) - (7)
                         Context matters, and you know that. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Context matters, yes it does, What does DACA have to do with haitian earthquake refugees? - (boxley) - (1)
                                 The time constraint is a result of him trying to break DACA. - (Another Scott)
                         Top story on CNN right now: - (malraux) - (2)
                             maybe more important is reports that he said it deliberately to inflame his base - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Is that what you were doing? -NT - (drook)
                         Way to avoid the point. - (CRConrad)
             We DAMNED WELL SHOULD HAVE been more scrupulous admitting Soviets. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Yes, it's a puzzlement (inside an indictment/per fan.) -NT - (Ashton)
         I like Stephen Colbert's take. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             And also Vicente Fox. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 And a cartoon to match. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Oh.. it's there --> - (Ashton)

No, not really.
108 ms