IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting!
What's amazing to me is that people don't pay attention to file sizes.

I've had a lady give me a 32 MB PDF file for a single page monthly event calendar that is mostly black text on a calendar line frame and just a bit of color silhouette images. She said she used an old Print Shop to compose it. I told her that for the actual content, it was way too big in size and when uploaded to a website would paint slowly in a browser. Maybe we can print and the scan it she said. And "How many bytes will it take to encode the paper grain?", I asked.

I "exported" the file to a PNG image and then "printed" that to a PDF file. It was less than 2% of the original size.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New We shouldn't have to
OK, so an older version of an app wouldn't be as well refined, but if we haven't figured out better defaults yet then we're just not trying hard.
--

Drew
New I use PM View . . .
. . available for OS/2 and Windows.

It takes only a few seconds to load the image, a second to give it a new size, and a couple seconds to re-sharpen it (I like 3 times Sharpen Mild better than a single
Sharpen Medium).

Only problem is it doesn't load .PDFs - they have to be exported to some other
format (jpg, png, etc.)
New From: Marketing; To: All Employees
"Update your e-mail signature immediately to include our magnificent new logo!"

Only 670K a pop. We did manage to nip that one in the bud only to have the thing bounce back unaltered in the new & improved letterhead :-/
     One for Peter: Google using machine learning for better image compression. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         Interesting! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             We shouldn't have to - (drook)
             I use PM View . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Things that make you go, "Hmmmm..."
85 ms