Sub-title of The Takeaway today (npr) America: The Most Dangerous Wealthy Nation for Kids

A mini-tutorial on Marcuse, post "USSR Communist" theorizing and --> "Other Important Matters" necessary (both practically and psychologically) necessary for Humans to
{summarizing word} THRIVE.

Addresses such points as the fact that Capitalism can/does invent new "Needs" (wrench in Marx's limited theories) AND also too: the fate of the (majority masses)
to labor the daylight hours away Making Stuff ... and the effects of this (my phrase summarily: labor serfs?) is manifest in today's Discontent on many Scales.

I think that the colloquy 'twixt this pair ranks ^Up-there^ in the concise use of English: to gather incisive material from a variety of abstruse ideas [cf. The Frankfurt Theory]
into an actually comprehensible (!) narrative.
(I also note that.. some knowledge of Marcuse is worth the effort--commentator's writing a (new) book on the man and his cohorts. Political Action is another sub-thread: instruvtive, that.
Author ~Title "Herbert Marcuse, radical subjectivity ..and the climate crisis.." (approx).
(Spelling of author name is ambiguous; hear the program if you care. "Micheal Sukov" ..phonetically.)

YMMV, but I am unanimous in that. I gave it an A+.