IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Christians are insufferable example 8.79038x10^99
On Dec. 1, as headlines across the country blared with news about Matt Lauer’s surprise firing from the “Today” show for sexual misconduct, a woman named Jules Woodson tapped out a short email. It ran only about 80 words but was nearly 20 years in the making. “Do you remember?” the subject line read.

“Do you remember that night that you were supposed to drive me home from church and instead drove me to a deserted back road and sexually assaulted me?” Woodson wrote. “Do you remember how you acted like you loved me and cared about me in order for me to cooperate in such acts, only to run out of the vehicle later and fall to your knees begging for forgiveness and for me not to tell anyone what had just happened?”

She closed with three words and a hashtag. “Well I REMEMBER,” the email said. “#me-too.”

The message landed in the inbox of Andy Savage, a pastor at Highpoint Church, an evangelical Memphis mega-congregation that draws more than 2,000 Sunday worshipers. ...
When Savage failed to respond to Woodson’s December email, she took her allegations public on Jan. 5, posting a detailed account of the alleged sexual assault on a blog for abuse survivors. Evangelical circles started spinning with reports of a then-college student forcing a sexual encounter with a student.

Yet instead of following the course of so many recent sexual harassment scandals — reports that have toppled careers in Hollywood, media and politics — Savage’s public outing seems to have failed to upset his position. In a message on the church’s website, he admitted to a “sexual incident” with a high school student at the time. Highpoint’s main pastor, Chris Conlee, also released a statement supporting Savage. And last Sunday, the pastor addressed his congregation about the allegations, but provided little detail.

“In hindsight, I see more could have been done for Jules,” Savage said, according to video. “I am truly sorry more was not done. Until now I did not know there was unfinished business with Jules. So today, I say, Jules I am deeply sorry for my actions 20 years ago.”

As Savage finished his remarks, he was greeted with a 20-second standing ovation from Highpoint’s congregation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/01/10/a-pastor-admitted-a-past-sexual-incident-with-a-teen-his-congregation-gave-him-a-standing-ovation/

Can we maybe, like, build our own Colosseum and start having "Christian games" there involving lions since the Romans apparently didn't do that for us?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New John 11:35
--

Drew
New Such cruelty to animals/lions (should be but isn't) against Int'l Laws, but
Maybe a virtual-Arena could be cobbled up?

We could experience the thrill of Justice-Happening! ..all vicariously (as usual) while creating frenzy,
all manner of frothings-at-the-mouth amongst Corporate Christianity™ ... for our fershure encore ;^>

..and we All need a giggle, amidst the poo-flinging nattering nabobs of Duncehood.
     Christians are insufferable example 8.79038x10^99 - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         John 11:35 -NT - (drook)
         Such cruelty to animals/lions (should be but isn't) against Int'l Laws, but - (Ashton)

If I'm going to visit an exotic foreign land with L. Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones, I'll opt for the Scientology tour.
38 ms