IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's been many a moon since we saw Rick on here...
...but I had a beer and a long chat with him here in Helsinki last August, at World Science Fiction Convention 75. Also, he popped up on /. just the other day: When F00F Bug Hit 20 Years Ago, Intel Reacted the Same Way.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Neat. Small world.
New Yeah, we corresponded for a time after his self-eviction from here..
Brilliant mind, I thought.. if somewhat scant on std. social mores and like that.
But always I'd prefer that omission to std. mindless conformity, right?
Wonder what his take on the dis-US meltdown might be..

;^>

PS: perspicuous delving! finding him there (..just How!?) and all that. (Maybe he gave you the link, in person.)

Carrion
It's in microinstructions now. Soon may be in the North Sea herring!

Hyvää päivänjatkoa..
New His wife, Deirdre, tweeted the /. link.
I'd started following her on Twitter at the beginning of WC75 as one among several desparate attempts to get hold of him. (Still do, because even though she doesn't tweet a lot of her own original material, she re-tweets lots of interesting stuff.)

EDIT: This was before the election, so we didn't discuss the current mess you're in -- back in August, we still blithely assumed Hillary was going to win. His personal (though not very personal) homepage is at http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/, but a quick browse just now didn't show any content about recent politics.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
Expand Edited by CRConrad Jan. 9, 2018, 04:39:00 AM EST
New Thanks.. will drop in.
     In the spirit of "Modern SCO executive" - (Another Scott) - (15)
         From Twitter. - (static) - (9)
             Can't wait for someone to record and post on YouTube -NT - (drook)
             when he is refering to the bald, who does he mean? -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                 Twittler. -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     dont see any bald references in there - (boxley) - (5)
                         Definition #2 - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             ah, ok. you do note the author saying he made a lot of shit up right? - (boxley) - (3)
                                 I haven't (and won't) read the book. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     fair enough -NT - (boxley)
                                     I'll drink to that, unreservedly; there remains NO Time to piss away. F*ck Twitter in the >wallet<. -NT - (Ashton)
         It's been many a moon since we saw Rick on here... - (CRConrad) - (4)
             Neat. Small world. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Yeah, we corresponded for a time after his self-eviction from here.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 His wife, Deirdre, tweeted the /. link. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Thanks.. will drop in. -NT - (Ashton)