IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Radiolab does ... ... Emergence!
also about the Consciousness mega-conundrum and lots else ...
if'n yer imagination hasn't become too stultified by the daily scripted cacophony.

What happens when there is no leader? Starlings, bees, and ants manage just fine. In fact, they form staggeringly complicated societies -- all without a Toscanini to conduct them into harmony. This hour of Radiolab, we ask how this happens.

We gaze down at the bottom-up logic of cities, Google, and even our very own brains with fire-flyologists, ant experts, neurologists, a mathematician, and an economist.

Note also, near end of broadcast the CalTech prof. of neuro- and his new book The Quest for Consciousness
Hey, finally a huge heap of Iggerance is getting more ink, despite the daily distractions and desires for a quicker seppuku
..to get out of this chicken-outfit? Love. It.
New I remember that was a good show.
I don't remember the details, though.

Radiolab is thought-provoking radio and well done.

(That's from Season 1. They're on Season 15 now. ;-) . Similarly, the book has been out a while.

Thanks for the reminder!

I'm also reminded of a book I read a while ago (I'll update this if I think of the title) of a popular philosophical tomb about an anteater talking with a (female) ant-hill. She invited him to have a snack while they were talking and there was some discussion about her "distributed intelligence", etc. I'll have to see if I can dig it up soon...

Similarly, cells in our body are dying all the time. When exactly do "we" die?

Lots of interesting questions....

Cheers,
Scott.
     Radiolab does ... ... Emergence! - (Ashton) - (1)
         I remember that was a good show. - (Another Scott)

Rebuild the remnant of the Obelisk, one mile from the pyramid.
32 ms