IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, that's not their job
Their job is to make "our" stuff more secure while finding ways to exploit "their" stuff. Look at what they're trying to exploit to determine who they view as "us" and "them".
--

Drew
New But "our" stuff _i_s_ "their" stuff nowadays.
Did that Elbrus processor thingy ever take off? Don't think so, haven't heard of it for... A decade or so? (Except the name popped up somewhere the other day, probably in a rhetorical question like this, otherwise I wouldn't even have remembered it to mention here.)

So, assuming every PC in Russia isn't running on an Elbrus or something, they use the same Intel (and some AMD) and variosly-branded ARMs as everyone else. If anyone doesn't, it might be the Chinese, but I'm guessing the situation is pretty much the same there, too. More domestic ARM cloners than in Russia, probably.

So finding or inserting backdoors in "our" stuff is inserting backdoors in "their" stuff.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Intel keeps on giving - (scoenye) - (23)
         17-33% hit to processing speed? This is going to hurt me -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Same. - (malraux) - (1)
                 we have both kinds of VMs oversubscribed and thin provisioned -NT - (boxley)
         "Speculative Execution™" ... whazzup? with a self-parody like That. Love. It. Roll dice, croupier! - (Ashton)
         Not just Intel: everyone gets to play with Spectre! -NT - (pwhysall)
         has anyone looked at the source code of the linux patches to see what they are doing yet? - (boxley) - (5)
             I wouldn't know what I was looking at - (drook) - (3)
                 I understand the summaries and I used to build drivers (a long time ago) - (boxley) - (2)
                     some code snippets on explaining the issue issue from google - (boxley) - (1)
                         A site with lots of information about the two flaws, links to vendor info, etc. - (Another Scott)
             Patch source - (scoenye)
         Given the accelerating, historical skull-buggery of the species, immanent-in and causal - (Ashton) - (7)
             Was it accident or malice? - (drook) - (6)
                 Most of the informed speculation I've seen seems to lean toward "accident". - (CRConrad) - (4)
                     Oh, who wants "informed" speculation ... I'll take the good old "wild" myself -NT - (drook)
                     This. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         No, that's not their job - (drook) - (1)
                             But "our" stuff _i_s_ "their" stuff nowadays. - (CRConrad)
                 Perspicuous fork, there - (Ashton)
         Some more benchmarks - (malraux)
         Once again, die intel die! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Once again.. we'unses placed Too-Many eggs in one human-flawed basket. -NT - (Ashton)
             And AMD, and Apple, and POWER... -NT - (pwhysall)

If this chat room were a game, it would be "half-life".
113 ms