IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New best comment on oregonians having to pump their own gas
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New It is a little bizarre.
Learning how to fill your car all by yourself was an important milestone in learning to drive.

Also, I discovered recently that US pumps can lock the trigger on. That's been illegal in Australia for decades, requiring people stand there to hold it. I wonder what the shitstorm would be like in the US if they made the same change...

Wade.
New not everywhere, just some places
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New It's fun to have a pump that won't shut off even without the handle lock...
Happened to me once - gas spewing out of the tank even after I let go of the fill handle.

I looked around for an "Emergency Shut Off" button - couldn't find one, then ran inside the station and quickly asked them to shut it off.

Scary stuff. And annoying too, since the dollars kept clicking by as gas was spewing out everywhere...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Faulty blowback sensor, there!
New Where I work there are 4 gas and 2 diesel pumps
The gas pumps dribble in cold weather, refusing to pump full speed. If you lift the nozzle high, wiggle it around , sometimes it will release the bubble (assumed) that was triggering this behaviour. If you leave it to fill while dribbling, the flow sensor does not work, overflowing forever.

The EPA loves us.

The gas pumps have a breakaway connector that stops the gas if you drive away while pumping. Done it a couple of times. The diesel does not, and will spew the fuel if ripped off. Seen it.

Sometimes the diesel does not shut off and will overflow. It pumps so fast it will pressurize the tank and erupt like a volcano (unlit thank spaghetti monster) for about 5 seconds. Covered me once.
New I am in NJ
Illegal to pump my own gas.
     best comment on oregonians having to pump their own gas - (boxley) - (6)
         It is a little bizarre. - (static) - (4)
             not everywhere, just some places -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 It's fun to have a pump that won't shut off even without the handle lock... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Faulty blowback sensor, there! -NT - (static) - (1)
                         Where I work there are 4 gas and 2 diesel pumps - (crazy)
         I am in NJ - (crazy)

Well, yes and no.
110 ms